Hmmmm. Not sure what's giving you problems, but I'll tell you what you're supposed to do.
1) You need to add the JumpCountdown variable. Rightclick to get the popup menu and choose Add Variable. Add a new variable called JumpCountdown. Set the Default Value to 60.
2) Add the Jumpout Countdown event.
3) Add the training message SEXP.
4) Select the When SEXP and rightclick then choose Add Operator and modify-variable from the Change menu.
5) If the variable shown isn't JumpCountdown, right click on the variable and choose Replace Variable.
6) Choose the second argument in modify-variable and Replace Argument from the right click menu, change it to the minus operator.
7) Right click on the first argument of the - operator and again rightclick -> Replace Variable. Choose JumpCountdown.
8) Change the second argument to 1.
That should be all you need to do.
Please tell me where you got stuck by the way. I wrote that document and if it's not clear enough, I'd like to improve that.