Author Topic: [RELEASE] Evacuation of Alpha Draconis Campaign Demo V1.01  (Read 27478 times)

Offline Lorric

[RELEASE] Evacuation of Alpha Draconis Campaign Demo V1.01
Hi there. I always wanted to make something for WoD, but decided to wait for WoD2 to arrive first. With that cancelled, I decided to go ahead and try.

I can't promise I'll finish what I started, but my goal is to make a campaign based around the events in Alpha Draconis in WoD, and it will be branching.

To accommodate branching, the missions should simply be placed loose in the missions folder within the data folder inside the Wings of Dawn folder. Make sure you extract them out of the Demo folder first. Don’t just put the demo folder in there, or they won’t work. You start at "Lorric 0" and the mission debriefing will tell you what to play next. Or that you lost or died. Even if you die, you may be able to continue, and the briefing will tell you so. Your ejector pod will have been scooped up, and the campaign will continue.

Don't expect anything fabulous, I'm a beginner FREDder, so be nice (please). But I'm happy with the 5 mission files I've created so far, which can be picked up here:

http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.885

The campaign is designed to be played on medium difficulty.

Oh, and it may seem awkward your wingmates giving the orders when you are the wing leader, but I decided to leave Seraphim 1 silent. You can of course still tell your wingmates what to do.

One more thing, you don't need it right now, but the campaign will require A Nordera Day in future.

Link to Bombing Run screenshots and another set of screenshots further on in the thread:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=83179.msg1703620#msg1703620
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 04:51:15 pm by Lorric »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Lorric's Teaser - Evacuation of Alpha Draconis Campaign
Why don't you just set up a branching campaign file like everybody else who's ever done branching  :wtf:

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Well, that requires actual effort - in learning how the campaign file system works! :rolleyes:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Lorric

Why don't you just set up a branching campaign file like everybody else who's ever done branching  :wtf:

I don't want people to have to play through the entire campaign again to get to the branches. Many of the missions will branch, we're not talking about an odd mission here and there off to the side. This way, they can go back and follow the losing or winning path that they missed on each mission. This might be a clutter problem for a standard Freespace campaign, but no one's making anything for WoD save Spoon anyway, so they can just be put in there. The missions folder will be empty but for the Ray IV guantlet and Axem's single mission.

Additionally, it allows me to release missions as I go along if there's any interest, rather than having to make the whole thing first.

Also, no need for another pilot profile.

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
but no one's making anything for WoD save Spoon anyway

:doubt:

Offline Lorric

Do you know something I don't? I hope you do, because it is my favourite mod. I suppose someone else could be quietly putting something together. It is a fairly long time since WoD was released though.

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!

Do you know something I don't? I hope you do, because it is my favourite mod. I suppose someone else could be quietly putting something together. It is a fairly long time since WoD was released though.

... :banghead:

Offline Lorric

... :banghead:

Damar. Please use words to communicate with me.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
(I think he's making a campaign in the WoD universe)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

(I think he's making a campaign in the WoD universe)

If he is, I can't read his mind. Why not just say so?

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
...Because I said so many times earlier. Partially in that universe. Partially in other universes.

Offline Lorric

...Because I said so many times earlier. Partially in that universe. Partially in other universes.

I have not seen. What other universes?

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
That would be a spoiler

Offline Lorric

That would be a spoiler

Let me guess. Legate Damar and the Cardassians are coming to crush and conquer all of Spoon's races one by one and show the Hertak how you enslave and enthrall other races :lol:

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Oh I wish I could, but unfortunately modeling all of those ships would be beyond me. So I am doing something else instead.

Now back to the topic, I will play your missions and tell you what I think after I finish doing some playtesting for someone else.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Actually, Omniscapper once made a Trek mod with some Cardassian ships. Though it may be hard to find these days.

Offline Lorric

Oh I wish I could, but unfortunately modeling all of those ships would be beyond me. So I am doing something else instead.

Now back to the topic, I will play your missions and tell you what I think after I finish doing some playtesting for someone else.

Heh. You could maybe model one ship, for Damar... :)

Alright. I have just finished mission 3. It was well on the way to completion when I posted this. Although I haven't tested it as much as the others, I do believe it works fine. I will attach it in another topic to get around the 4 attachment limit.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:44:38 am by Lorric »

Offline Lorric

Evacuation of Alpha Draconis - Mission 3 available here
I wanted to get this out too so both branches for mission 1 are available. It is attached here.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
Re: Evacuation of Alpha Draconis - Mission 3 available here
Got it.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Don't use forum attachments, they don't last very long before they get auto deleted. Use a file host like mediafire.
That way you can keep things in a single thread too.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them