Author Topic: Star Control 2 HD and Fan Sequel  (Read 5536 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: Star Control 2 HD and Fan Sequel
Nevermind...found them.

Just like MC, they are in the User/App Data/Roaming folder.

I hate Sylandro probles.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

They come in peace

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Probes are annoying as hell. They make for good DOSH though. Mining planets pisses me off more, though. It's ****ING INFURIATING at how fragile the lander is until you upgrade it, and on top of this, it's expensive to replace them, too. I hate any and all planets that have constant earthquakes, firestorms, and lightning. I wish you could get more of the Precursor antimatter bombs and use them to blow up planets. It would of been fun to blow up all the annoying planets that have the stuff I mentioned before.

Offline newman

At the beginning of the game, the Slylandro probes are easy to dispatch with the Spathi ship, which is obtainable before you even leave the Sol system for the first time. At the start it's pretty much either run away with the mothership, spending fuel, or fight it with the Spathi Eluder. Engaging the probe with the earthling cruiser is pretty much suicide.
Spoiler:
Or you could prioritize the Slylandro quest line and get rid of them that way.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Oh, and there's that, too. I was going to put that in but you beat me to it. Eluders: Get them, ASAP. They make a lot of the early combat FAR less stressful. I cannot emphasize this enough. Eluders are excellent ships to deal with things like Dreadnoughts, Probes, and Avengers. Combat might be annoyingly long, but the sheer reduction in resources wasted is a boon in the early game where it's hard to get rich enough to do/get everything you want.

OMG OMG OMG Not only did Freespace get a modding team, but now Starcontrol?????????? So excited!
Btw, killing the probes were actually easier with an earthling cruiser. If you are moving, and keep the front end of the ship pointed at the probe, it'll usually avoid fighting you (like not get near you). It only takes, what, 2 shots to kill it? I always dispatched them with cruisers

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Oh, and there's that, too. I was going to put that in but you beat me to it. Eluders: Get them, ASAP. They make a lot of the early combat FAR less stressful. I cannot emphasize this enough. Eluders are excellent ships to deal with things like Dreadnoughts, Probes, and Avengers. Combat might be annoyingly long, but the sheer reduction in resources wasted is a boon in the early game where it's hard to get rich enough to do/get everything you want.
This is jolly good advice. Eluders indeed make your life so so much easier.
Point your B.U.T.T in the general enemy direction and run the **** away. Works against the majority of ships. And the biggest threats of the Eluder are alliance ships (Avatar, Terminator, Jugger. Out of these three you might only end up fighting the Terminator in the story mode.)
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Eluders?  Like, plural?   You shouldn't need any more then Fwiffo, and if you let Fwiffo die you are a horrible, horrible person.

Btw, killing the probes were actually easier with an earthling cruiser. If you are moving, and keep the front end of the ship pointed at the probe, it'll usually avoid fighting you (like not get near you). It only takes, what, 2 shots to kill it? I always dispatched them with cruisers

I have killed probes with the Earthling Cruiser before, but it's definitely not easy or guaranteed. You basically have to be lucky enough to start off far enough away from the probe to try your tactic, and hope that it doesn't manage to circle around behind you. If the probe gets in close, you are dead for certain. At least with an Eluder you can run away and frighten off the probe.

I have killed probes with the Earthling Cruiser before, but it's definitely not easy or guaranteed. You basically have to be lucky enough to start off far enough away from the probe to try your tactic, and hope that it doesn't manage to circle around behind you. If the probe gets in close, you are dead for certain. At least with an Eluder you can run away and frighten off the probe.

You're correct, whenever it started me right next to the probe it was certain death. However for some reason this didn't happen to me that often  :confused:
The eluder guarantees victory but I thought it took too long to kill the probe with one, because the darned probe would keep moving away whenever I used the B.U.T.T. missle!