Author Topic: Question: Open source tools and infrastructure?  (Read 6767 times)

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Re: Question: Open source tools and infrastructure?
Probably yes, given the state the Collada DOM is in right now... Would it be a lot of work?
It's ready to try.

It's ready to try.
Looking good so far; I opened, converted, saved and reopened several DAEs without any problems. Got source? :)

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
git://alliance.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/alliance/PCS2

Superb! :yes:

Noticed two issues so far, both unrelated to the XML lib:
  • The interface appears a little cramped in places (see e.g. the New/Duplicate/Delete buttons, the Preferences window).
  • PCS2 seems to have trouble finding some textures; some display, some don't - I haven't discovered a pattern yet. Could it be related to Linux being case-sensitive?

Either way, thank you very much!

(Note for non-Ubuntu users: the File-Edit-View-etc bar is hidden behind the window title bar, that's on purpose.)

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Superb! :yes:

Noticed two issues so far, both unrelated to the XML lib:
  • The interface appears a little cramped in places (see e.g. the New/Duplicate/Delete buttons, the Preferences window).
  • PCS2 seems to have trouble finding some textures; some display, some don't - I haven't discovered a pattern yet. Could it be related to Linux being case-sensitive?

Either way, thank you very much!

(Note for non-Ubuntu users: the File-Edit-View-etc bar is hidden behind the window title bar, that's on purpose.)

I'm fairly certain number two is related to Linux being case-sensitive.  I ran into the same issue when working on a Blender import script.  Ended up running a bash script to make all my textures lowercase and then had the Blender script change the texture names read from the TXTR chunk to lowercase.
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
The controls have hard-coded sizes. I tried changing that once but some controls did not play nicely.

Offline Echelon9

An interesting list.

Also seems that fontool is a small utility that would benefit from conversion to scripting.

Something so basic shouldn't be so finicky.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
How does this look?

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

How does this look?
Awesome :yes: :yes:

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Pushed. Let me know if you find any new problems.

Hmm, I can't compile HEAD anymore now. Seems to have started with commit 76072d9 (Remove most hard-coded control sizes). Error messages are mostly these:

Code: [Select]
debug/model_editor_ctrl.h:117:3: error: 'set_value' was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
In revision d89cdad (Switch from ColladaDOM to pugixml) the same set_value messages show up as warnings, allowing building to complete. Using GCC 4.7.2 (Ubuntu 12.10).

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Re-add -fpermissive to cc_flags or fix it yourself.

Right, that was obvious :nervous: Controls are looking good now, thanks! I'll try to find out what's with the textures this weekend.

Ok, so the textures thing: although PCS2 handles unpacked textures (i.e. outside a VP) in a case-insensitive manner, like it should, it is case-sensitive for packed textures: these are only found if the capitalization of the texture matches exactly between POF and VP. Guess that should be an easy fix?