Author Topic: RELEASE - Multi-King for multiplayer  (Read 1586 times)

RELEASE - Multi-King for multiplayer
Edit: this mission requires much more work, and is probably not worth your time.

I thought this would be an interesting project: a 5-minute king-of-the-hill match for up to 6 players.  The standard stuff includes 4 hills that are timed-out for a minute after capture, leaving them resets their timer, and occupying the same hill as an enemy slows them down considerably.  Unconventional stuff includes letting you destroy the capture points at will, increasingly intelligent enemies that spawn with higher scores (killing them adds to your score as well), and multiple units in the hills stack (at a reduced rate).  It's setup as "co-op" at the moment, since TvT requires other people to test, so it's a little more difficult to take out their planes if you need to.
Let me know what you guys think of it, and if anyone can figure out why it sometimes misses counting the first capture for blue, I'll owe you a beer!

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:03:23 am by ThePsuedoMonkey »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: RELEASE - Multi-King for multiplayer
Nice work! I was about to sit down and write a King of the Hill mission this week and now I don't have to. :D

I also notice you've got some things in it I didn't have when I made my King of the Hill mission for BtRL. Nice work. I'll take a look at the mission itself in a bit.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Thanks!  I'm not sure how well it stacks up to yours, but I was hoping that all the different elements would keep it interesting without being too convoluted.  My AI is rubbish, but hopefully I'll be able to address that the next time I go bug-squashing.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well I wrote in quite some detail how I made the mission here. That said, that was about 6 years ago and you now have access to SEXPs I didn't have at the time. :)

EDIT : I gave the mission a try and it seems like fun. If you fancy trying it online at some point, give me a shout.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:26:21 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]