Author Topic: Xbox One revealed today  (Read 19334 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Re: Xbox One revealed today
Oh, the comments on that page are so unkind to him. :P
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I am thoroughly confused now.

The petition on Change.org for Microsoft to "Give us back the Xbox One we were promised at E3" notes that the system as originally envisioned would let users "buy games digitally, then trade, share, or sell those digital licenses." Unfortunately, as the petition puts it, "uninformed [consumers]… railed against it… because Sony took advantage of consumers' uncertainty."

"It can't be all or nothing, there must be a compromise," the petition goes on, suggesting that the creator wants the option for these new digital sharing options to sit alongside more traditional disc-based sale and resale.

The petition was started 20 days ago—just after Microsoft's initial reversal—but it seems to have gained steam more recently, acquiring hundreds of supporters this morning as the wider Internet has slowly become aware of its existence. As of this writing, the petition has passed what was an initial goal of over 1,500 signatures, but it now shows that 2,500 total are "needed." It's unclear what, if anything, will happen when that seemingly arbitrary goal is reached.

Offline Luis Dias

Why are you confused? This is the usual MS drama.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
the petition has passed what was an initial goal of over 1,500 signatures, but it now shows that 2,500 total are "needed." It's unclear what, if anything, will happen when that seemingly arbitrary goal is reached.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

Indeed.

The petition has already been conducted. On a global basis, when the World told Microsoft where they can stick all the control-freak changes they made.

This will have no impact. And if it does, then the World taught Microsoft the error of their ways once, and the World will do it again if necessary.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Wasn't MS revising their strategy a good thing a few weeks back? It's still a good thing now, of course, and I do realize that this petition is fundamentally worthless (A change.org petition for MS to do something? Like that's gonna do anything) due to low interest and massive trolling, but I still am confused as to why anyone would believe that mandatory online connections are a good thing.

Offline Luis Dias

You'd be amazed at what people believe.

You'd be amazed at what people believe.

You're really setting the table for a easy slam dunk there. :P

Anyhow, personally, I'm still very hesitant about trusting MS' honesty and that they won't return to the restrictive DRM nonsense down the line. It's rather silly that there are a few people out there that are so blindly in love with 'innovative features' and 'the future!' that they would want MS to go back to it right after changing once.

Unless they're just clever trolls trying to make MS make -another- 180 in order to further discredit MS to more consumers and perhaps even investors.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-the-xbox-one-architects

MS defending "poorer specs". I can't say how much truth there is in there, but well worth reading in any case.