Author Topic: Xbox One revealed today  (Read 19333 times)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Re: Xbox One revealed today
What in the Hell is going on with these companies, lately?

It's like they fired all of the competent people, kept on the ancient suits to make terrible decisions, and hired a bunch of inexperienced (at best) kids just out of college to actually make the stuff.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Let the haet begin.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
er. In what way?

I do like how they actually presented the physical console compared to Sony.

Sad that I can't play 360 games on it. Hope they make like Sony and stream those or something.

Don't care about live action halo series.

Like the new controller.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:09:38 pm by Beskargam »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Don't care about live action halo series.

If it's as good as Forward Unto Dawn, I'm cool with it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
I kinda forget about that. I did like that. For the reveal, I am more interested in the games though.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
All other things aside, the name is pretty damn stupid.  Like, didn't we already have an XBox "One"?  Came out around 2001 or so? :p

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Uncle Bill is Waching You
 All of this and not a single mention of the always connected Kinect and the MS "surveillance"? You missed out on an excellent chance to reference 1984 as well. Shame. :nono:

EDIT: :lol:
Rei7 (Kotaku) They called it Xbox One cause they just took 359 steps backwards.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:52:34 pm by An4ximandros »

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
it's..... a ****ing vcr?

i don't understand

it's just this black shiny box

wat

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
it's..... a ****ing vcr?

i don't understand

wat

TBH I like that aesthetic more than the weird curvy crap that the 360 and PS3 were. But that's just me, as long as it works I guess it's fine.

it's..... a ****ing vcr?

i don't understand

wat

MINIMALISME
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Not seeing much I care about.

I have no gripes with its look. I mean, who the hell cares what it looks like? It's what it does that's important.

Watch live TV, movies, and surf the web? Yeah, don't care, computer does all that already. Besides, Live TV is dying a slow death due to the Internet, so that's not really worth much.

New Kinect? It was a gimmick on the 360, it's a gimmick now. The voice commands are mildly interesting, but still sound primitive and clunky.

No backwards compatibility? Unfortunate, but I can understand the reasons why. Still, it's disappointing that MS is doing absolutely nothing to make older games playable on the new system, while Sony is.

I'm still waiting to see what the final verdict is on the whole used games deal, as there seems to be a lot of conflicting information flying around on that subject at the moment.

As for the games, zero interest in any that they mentioned. I realize it's still early and a release list is way far off, but the opening round isn't promising.

On the whole, the PS4 is looking like the winner at the moment. We'll have to see.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Always been a Playstation guy, and I've not seen anything so far that makes me want to change. The fee for secondhand games sounds like an enormous off putter - I initially thought it was going to be 5 bucks or whatever - a token amount to make second hand games less competetive with things like the platinum range, but the articles imply it'll be full game price. Bugger that. Admittedly, it wouldn't be a huge factor for me, as I only have... I think 2 second hand games as it is? But still...
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

honestly black wolf, as if any major media corporation would consider adapting to a non-scarce digital market by changing their business models rather than trying to pretend they're still selling you brand new physical discs in the early 90s
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The requirement of a net connection seems to be the most hilarious thing about this release. Everything MS have said about how often it needs to connect seems to say "We're still trying to figure out how much we can **** people over and still have them buy one."
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Honestly the only new system I'm really interested in is the Wii U, primarily because Ninty's first-party mainstays are the only exclusives I truly care about.  (Now if only the poor thing would get some of said games released for it...) I might pick up a PS3 at some point for a few of those series I've missed, but other than Halo and Gears, does the XBox line even have much exclusivity to be noted?

Offline An4ximandros

Offline Lorric

Will the other companies apply similar restrictions? If not, it might as well be the Xbox One and Done, it's going to get crushed.

And let's not forget mandatory installation. How much will these take up? How much to fill up the 500gb? Games are getting fatter. Will you be able to uninstall and move your games around/finish with certain games, or need a 2nd machine?

Offline An4ximandros

So far Sony seems to be "the cool guy" around.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The PS4 seems like it has a real technical advantage in the way the PS3 didn't, maybe even over current and near future PCs. Interested to see how the status quo mixes up.