Author Topic: [Release] SSP Chakra 1.2  (Read 10513 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Shivan Shield > SShi - Tenebra, for example.

Offline Slasher

I suppose Shivan Heavy Interception Tank is out of the question.

Offline Lorric

Yaaaaaay! You put the name I suggested! (SP - Shivan Protector)  :yes: :)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The only one missing is shivan "can't touch this" :P

Shivan Shield Projector is cool as well, I like that one :yes:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:59:04 pm by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Offline Lorric

The only one missing is shivan "can't touch this" :P

Shivan Shield Projector is cool as well, I like that one :yes:

Inferno might provide that one...  :shaking:

Yes, I noticed Shivan Shield Projector when I made my post, that's definitely my favourite behind my own choice. I like mine because it's simple and descriptive with one word, I much prefer the one word designations in this game, but Shivan Shield Projector is the best one if you don't care about that.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
i was thinking of SPS for shivan projector ship, but that is the german word for a PLC, and i don't want to be reminded of that every time i see it
i think i'll be going with shivan shield projector, somehow the word shield should be in there
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Luis Dias

Anyways I've been little more than sarcastic in this thread, I am sorry about that fightermedic, I think this is a great idea that has a lot of potential to great fredding, so keep it up! :yes:

Is this your shivan submission to the competition?

Offline fightermedic

the ship is part of my holy quest to model every cool lego model out there into freespace (although this ship does not have any similarity with its original inspiration source any more, save for the fact that its basic form is a disc)
the only problem with that quest is that there are more cool lego models than a legion of modelers could model :D
peoples creativity is outstanding as soon as they touch them plastic bricks

but to answer your question: yes i will also submit this for the shivan model competition
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Lorric

Shivan Shield Projector is a good name, it's the most descriptive one of what the ship does.

About the lego, I like that, I had a fondness for lego years ago. Though rather than building anything remotely complex, it was more about building lots of basic little vehicles and stuff, putting men on them and smashing them all into each other and having them shoot bricks at each other and having big, fun battles!  :lol:

Oh man please make this! It was my favorite model when I was a kid!!!  :D

Sooner or later I will port to Freespace one or two fighters I made about 15 years ago. I've got no photos of them but I can still remember them very well! :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Will the projector's field encompass itself as well?  Will it be equipped with defensive weaponry?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline fightermedic

yes to both questions, although the shield will only work for the Chakra itself if you are REALLY far away ;)
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline fightermedic

updated the first post with new screenshots and normals on the P3d, i'm almost done
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 06:37:23 am by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Is there gonna be any submodel rotation?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline fightermedic

yes, quite a lot in fact
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Lorric

I do like this.

So, you can fly through the shield, but it blocks weapons? Interesting dynamic you could have I see with capital ships unable to get through the shield and too slow to get inside it. I could imagine two fleets duking it out and you have to take out the generator/s to enable your fleet to fight back.

Offline fightermedic

Re: [Release] SSP Chakra 1.0
capital ships not being able to pass through would be something the freder needs to do, as they can pass through quite well :D
the shield should take care of any artillary strike not being done with beams though

download link is up now, check out the first post

there is one problem i'm still having with this ship that i just can't solve:
there are two forward facing single part turrets that should rotate on the Z axis, but i just can't get them to rotate
could anybody possibly take a look at this? they work quite nicely fixed as they are, but still, i'd like them to work as i originally intended
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 10:04:45 am by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline fightermedic

Re: [Release] SSP Chakra 1.1
updated to 1.1 , because i'm stupid and forgot to inverse the alpha channel of the shinemap before uploading
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
This is now wikified and FSMods.netified

People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline fightermedic

thanks a ton for adding it to the wiki, now i don't need to do it myself :)
the timing is not exactly perfect though, i've just made a change to the glowmap, seems like the FSmods link is outdated already :(
oh well...
>>Ships created by me<<