Author Topic: Act 2 problem  (Read 1309 times)

Just loaded 3.7. Went to start act 2 and as I went through training, I found that I had no weapons and couldn't fire on the drone to destroy it.

Offline Yarn

There are no training missions in act 2 of the main FreeSpace 2 campaign. Which campaign are you playing? (Or are you referring to the second training mission?)
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

I'm in the training mission for "Battle of the Wilderness".

Offline Yarn

There is no training mission for Battle of the Wilderness. Could you describe this mission? What mission comes right before it?

Also, post your fs2_open.log and make sure that there are no files named "freespace2.fc2" in (your FS2 folder)\data\missions.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

--strings.tbl, entry 178

I scanned the Iceni in the previous mission. So it's either "Feint! Parry! Riposte!" or the clandestine mission is untitled.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Yarn

Code: [Select]
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\MV_CB_ANI_1.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c948078
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd1e3fc51
These should be moved to the mediavps_3612 folder.

Code: [Select]
MISSION LOAD: 'Training-1.fs2'
This is actually the first training mission, which is supposed to be at the beginning of the campaign. I think what's happening is that the pilot conversion (3.7.0 uses a new format for pilot files) is not carrying over campaign progress or available weapons, so you're now back at the beginning of the campaign with no weapons.

You should be able to "fix" this by going to the campaign room and clicking "restart campaign." You'll have to play act 1 again, but at least you should have weapons.
--strings.tbl, entry 177

--strings.tbl, entry 178

Moved the files and restarted the campaign. No change.

Offline Yarn

Go to "[your FS2 folder]\data\players" and delete "[your pilot name].FreeSpace2.csg". Then try playing the campaign again. (You do not need to click "restart campaign" this time.)
--strings.tbl, entry 177

--strings.tbl, entry 178

That got it. Thanks.