Author Topic: "Uncharted Territory"-can't scan a ship  (Read 2361 times)

Offline CT27

"Uncharted Territory"-can't scan a ship
I was playing the campaign "Uncharted Territory" and ran into a technical problem on the mission "The Seventh Symbol". 

I'm supposed to scan the nav subsystem of a destroyer (SD Bathin, Ravana class).  Usually when one is supposed to do this, there is the phrase "not scanned" or "cargo:  unknown" in the target box (lower left corner of the screen.  However, there was no "not scanned" phrase there so I can't do that scan (even when within 150m of the subsystem) or complete the mission or finish it properly.

FYI I was using the new 3.7 release.  Here is a fs2open log I got from that corresponding debug build.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:35:52 pm by CT27 »

Offline Axem

Re: "Uncharted Territory"-can't scan a ship
I think something broke somewhere at some time in some fashion with respect to subsystem scanning on capital ships. Or unbroke which broke the mission. I haven't put much work into actually narrowing down what happened, but I did do a workaround.

http://lazymodders.fsmods.net/files/unchartedterritoryfix.rar

Put this in the data/missions folder and let me know if that works for you.

Offline CT27

http://freespacemods.net/download.php?view.603

This is where I downloaded Uncharted Territory from.  Where exactly am I supposed to put the "mission5.fs2" file that was in the "unchartedterritoryfix" folder you provided?

I ask because there is no "missions" folder in the UT folder that I downloaded from freespacemods.net.  In fact when I downloaded the campaign initially, there were only three things in it:  mod, uct (a picture), and uct_1_1.vp

Even after I started playing the campaign, there was no "missions" folder to put your fix into.  There was a "data" folder, but all that had in it was a "cache" folder and 'event'/'multi' text files.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Just create data/missions manually and put the mission5.fs2 file in there.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline CT27

Thanks guys, I got it to work.  Thank you for your help.

Hello Axem,
can you upload again this fix ? in ran in the same problem to Scan the Nav Systems of this Ravana !!!

Greetings Peter

Has everyone this fix please ??

Offline Axem

Ack, sorry about that. Didn't expect my webspace to be down that long.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ul4d2dm85wdlrlr/unchartedterritoryfix.rar

Here's a mirror.

Thank you for this mirror.
This fix works very well !!! (3.7.2 RC2) and MediaVps_2014
I am very happy that i can play now trough the whole campaign.

Very very thanks again !!!

Greetings
Peter