Author Topic: Steam Autumn & Christmas Sales  (Read 9567 times)

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Steam Autumn & Christmas Sales
The Autumn sale is going on now and the Christmas sale will start shortly after that.  I'm budgeting myself to about $100 to $150 for the Autumn sale. Feel free to share awesome deals you have seen with us here. Also, don't forget to tell us what you're getting, if anything.

Attack on Wallet:

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 12:28:48 pm by Nakura »

Re: Steam Autumn & Christmas Sales
Rome 2, hopefully on a daily or flash sale.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
I am sad because while I got a decent art tablet, the tablet my mother got me and out of ****ing nowhere nonetheless was $385, so I don't have much money for vidya gaems.

I mean, I appreciate the tablet, but couldn't you have waited *until* Christmas? When said tablet would be cheaper?

Ah, enough personal bull****.

From what it seems, no one was able to resist Skyrim.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
Just picked up Counter-Strike: GO, Insurgency, Interstellar Marines, Left 4 Dead 2, Left 4 Dead, Steam Marines, System Shock 2 and Terraria; all for about $42. I plan on buying more tomorrow and/or this weekend.

Why did you have to remind me? :(

Nope!

Also got: Gone Home, Shelter, Papers Please, Don't Starve, and MDK2 HD. All that +Skyrim for under $40 I'm pretty sure. Aw yus.

And I'd like to point out for anybody who hasn't played it yet: To The Moon is 70% off again and I firmly believe that everyone needs to play it.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Origin has sales too. http://origin.com/
Battlefield Bad Company 2 is on sale for 1€. I'm thinking of nabbing Crysis 3 off Origin.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
Origin has sales too. http://origin.com/
Battlefield Bad Company 2 is on sale for 1€. I'm thinking of nabbing Crysis 3 off Origin.

Just found out about this myself not too long ago, Battlefield 2142 for $6.

I'm contemplating Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition for $35. I'm leaning more towards not getting it now, especially since 2142 is still the best in the series by far.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Got a bunch of expansions for Tropico 4, for the total of about 3 Euros. They're worth about that much, but I'm sick now, and if my doctor keeps me on those meds for much longer, I'll be too weak to do anything but running a country. :) I'm also hoping for Metro: Last Light and associated expansions to show up on a flash sale, and perhaps Skyrim expansions. Though me and my father will probably end up buying half the catalog again, just because it was 80% off... :)

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I'll get some money first, then I'll wait for some promo on Papers, please and Hammerwatch, possibly Magicka DLCs on the Humble Store. It happens to have some pretty damn good deals sometimes too.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
In total I've bought:
A New Beginning, Battlefield 2142 + Northern Strike, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Civilization III, Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Deus Ex, Dragon Age + All DLC, Gemini Rue, Half-Life 2 + Both Expansions, Half-Life + Both Expansions, Hydrophobia: Prophecy, Insurgency, Interstellar Marines, Left 4 Dead 2, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect 3 + All DLC, Rising Storm, Skyrim + All DLC, Steam Marines, System Shock 2, Team Fortress Classic, Terraria, To The Moon + Soundtrack (thanks to Scourge of Ages) and X-COM: Enemy Unknown

I am also trying to get Guild Wars 2 for free by making a Guild Wars 2 Oath video. And there goes my disposable income, the rest of my money is going towards bills and my car.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 12:42:54 pm by Nakura »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm getting to the point where I think I own the vast majority of games that I both genuinely want and can actually run on this scrap-heap, so these sales aren't nearly as dangerous for me anymore.  Of course that only holds true until I get a new system, and then I'm screwed. :p

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I'm getting to the point where I think I own the vast majority of games that I both genuinely want and can actually run on this scrap-heap, so these sales aren't nearly as dangerous for me anymore.  Of course that only holds true until I get a new system, and then I'm screwed. :p

Indeed.  I have also discovered that my backlog was getting severely out of hand so I trimmed my wishlist down considerably.

I'm looking for big sales on the Skyrim Legendary edition, Enemy Within, Witcher 2, and hopefully a discount on the DX HR Director's cut... because why pay $5 if I can pay $2 :)
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

I'm contemplating Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition for $35. I'm leaning more towards not getting it now, especially since 2142 is still the best in the series by far.

Although I haven't played BF2 and 2142 all that extensively compared to the newer games, I can say that BF4 does seem more of a proper sequel to the BF2 and BF2142 games then BF3 was.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Backlog is already too long, I'll pass.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline crizza

Bought Heroes of Might and Magic 4...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Bought Skyrim for a friend.  Bought Bioshock: Infinite for a friend.

I'm goddamn Santa, and it's not even December yet.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Tomb Raider is 80% off today.  Worth a purchase?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Tomb Raider is 80% off today.  Worth a purchase?

I'd say yes. It's a solid action-y game, but more similar to (what I've heard) Uncharted than to older Tomb Raiders. More shooty-hidey, less wander-aroundy-findy-stuff.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
metro 2033
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Thinking about picking up Choplifter HD - looks like it has come a long way since playing on my roommate's Apple //e in college.  I'm also considering Starlight Inception, especially if it comes down more.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.