Author Topic: GTCa Hera  (Read 29260 times)

OK, this thing a little too dusty *coughs*

Status report: I decided to push this project further as I concluded that leaving this thread rotting unfinished is kinda frustrating. Especially that the ship itself received a warm welcome from many of you.

Right now I'm making a set of turrets which I started with a 3 barrelled point defense turret. But the most important thing is to clean the whole model which will be the next step. To be honest, there are a lot of places which are a nightmare to UVmap <I was a complete noob when I began that ship so how could I care for such things as mapping-friendly geometry :)?>

Hera class Carrier (View in 3D)

(sorry for crappy smoothing. i uploaded the model using an obj file. downloaded from my p3d account. I will fix it once I dig the blend file from my PC)

But I'm afraid I won't be able to UV this thing on my own anytime soon (since both me and Betrayal are occupied with Exile stuff as well). I would be very obliged and grateful if somebody could help me the UVs.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

So 2 years passed...

I drop the fully baked version, as we decided it will need fully painted main texture. So I started to map it. Some details are already mapped and will be baked into single texture. Rest of the ship, armor plates, major parts will be uvmapped and digital painted.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

IMPORTANT QUESTION

Do you guys know any free program to display 3D models with textures (diffuse, glow normal, etc.) in real time?  That would save us a lot of time. I tried to found something called PBR viewer but it's not working at all and I don't know why.

Please use less busy textures on it, all those grey rectangles look a lot worse than the clean armoured surfaces on Aesaar's Dio.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Don't worry. We had quite an argument yesterday about it <I tried to tell him the same thing you pointed out. And it was like talking to a wall xD>. Once Betrayal finishes the small parts <actually he already did> and bake them into one texture I will do some Photoshop magic and make the plating less noisy (actually i will flatten the existing plating and make my own linework on the wings. I will also correct any other detail which will look weird. For God's sake how I hate random slapped little plates...) Next step will be the UVmap of the large hull surfaces which will be painted. I will try to not screw this up :P

#Edit:  OK, enough "tileraping". Initiating UVmapping sequence.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 12:55:36 pm by Col.Hornet »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Don't worry. We had quite an argument yesterday about it <I tried to tell him the same thing you pointed out. And it was like talking to a wall xD>. Once Betrayal finishes the small parts <actually he already did> and bake them into one texture I will do some Photoshop magic and make the plating less noisy (actually i will flatten the existing plating and make my own linework on the wings. I will also correct any other detail which will look weird. For God's sake how I hate random slapped little plates...) Next step will be the UVmap of the large hull surfaces which will be painted. I will try to not screw this up :P

#Edit:  OK, enough "tileraping". Initiating UVmapping sequence.
First: FU :P. I hate you for this... U btch xD
Second: Awactile1 and Awactile3 visible above are actually only bases for further texture edits we have planned. I just need this tile as a base for further modifications on the texture. Majority of the texture will be digital painted from scratch, and some parts will be done via baked texture with later photoshop edits.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:bump:

I dug it out from eldritch abyss of my HD. This thing will happen in PBR glory... Soon :]

Any particular project this is for?

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Could throw it at BP: "Here Tevs, have a carrier!"
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Could throw it at BP: "Here Tevs, have a carrier!"
...to go in line with Aesaars ships...

:warp:

Besides that, the Titan is supposed to be the GTVA carrier in BP.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Besides that, the Titan is supposed to be the GTVA carrier in BP.

Here, have a smaller carrier.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's about 3km ship, so she is bigger then Erebus. We're going for original plans regarding this ship, and make her dedicated fleetcarrier of GTVA fleets. Smaller than INF Warlock, but still bigger then a destroyer.

So it IS for a project?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

One texture done, three more to go:

After just 3 years, the sudden finishing experience starts. :D

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

SCP-TEV Corvette :yes: :yes:

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Ohh, already off to a good start to the year!  Looks like a cross of the Diomedes corvette with HTL Deimos., which makes it gorgeous. :yes: I'll admit a tiny gripe about the edgy/pointy forward runways .vs the general smoothness of the carrier, but that's just my opinion.

(Also, do I spy VLS missile tubes on the sides?)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
6 slashes are her only anti-cap weapons, and they are actually her defense. As a fleetcarrier, Hera strikes with countless bomber wings. The circular things around the top ramp are mounts for multipart, flak turrets.