Author Topic: Just another day at HLP...  (Read 45018 times)

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Just another day at HLP...
Originally posted by Redfang
Posting crap is better than posting nothing, at least in this story... :D

Sheddup! :p
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
The last part is short, wow! I'm almost finished with the story, BTW. This next part is the last!

MUST...GET...MIC...FOR...VOICE...ACTING...WITH...MOVIE

I wonder what voice I should do for that...

Can't wait for the last part!!!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Well, here it is: THE END!

But, just remember that, even though we're finished with the script, we still have the movie to do!;)

Fade from black. We open up to:

INT. Front Entrannce to Tech Sup. Day

The battle is still going strong, however, the HLP Militia is really starting to win now. Bullet fire can be heard, but now it's growing more sporadic.  We  cut to the a smaller battle in the center of the room, between venom2506 and Stealth.
venom leaps over top of him, doing a flip in mid-air. He lands with his back facing Stealth, and as starts to whirl around, Stealth plants a kick right in the center of his back. venom Goes flying forwards into a wall. He recovers quickly, and lashes out with a random roundhouse punch in Stealth's direction.
He dodges it easily, and pulls back with his left arm to let out a punch. We cut to a waste as his right arm reaches down at the same time, to pull out a knife.  We cut back to the previous view as venom dodges the fake left-handed punch. In doing so, he gets up near him. Stealth twirls his hand around and grips his arm, pulling him towards him.
Drawing his knife, he sends it through venom's gut. We cut to slow-mo as he bends forward at the waste. Cut to a side-view of his head. His mouth is open, his eyes wide. A clump of blood mixed with spit flys forward out of his mouth. Cut to normal speed as he slumps to the ground on his knees, clenching the knife in his gut. Cut to a close-up of Stealth's stony face.
Cut to a close-up of Venom's face. He's gasping for breath. Suddenly, he starts to breath more normally, but more softly. He grins and lifts his head slightly. We cut to a view of his solarplexus, oozing blood from the knife wound. He starts to slowly pull it out, and as he does so, the blood slowly starts to stop. Eventually, when he pulls it all the way out. He's not bleeding anymore, and
the blood around the wound is now caked into his vest. We cut to Stealth's face, and he registers a surprised look, as venom2506 lunges at him with the knife. Stealth is obviously taken by surprise, and stumbles backwards with less surety in his steps, as he struggles to dodge the knife swipes at his head. Each time it comes extremely close, but he pulls his head back just in time to miss it.
Suddenly, venom trips his advisory, sending him crashing to the floor. As he brings the knife up for the final blow, we cut to wEvil, talking with daveb, in his old and now abandoned headquarters.

wEvil: daveb! The time is near! How much time till the Interplay ships aquire a target lock and the weapons are charged?

daveb: (Speaking for first time) 10 minutes, sire.

wEvil looks down at his watch. 15 minutes are left on the clock.

wEvil: Very well. Come with me, daveb. We are going to tell the rest of the forum how their lives will end. Let us go to the battle scenes, and tell the soldiers who have fought and lost their blood, that they will soon lose their hope. That their sacrifices were indeed, in vane.

daveb: As you wish.

As they walk out, we fade to black.

INT. Back Entrance to Tech Sup. Day.

We open here to a bird's-eye-view of the entire battle, or what's left of it. Here, the HLP Militia has nearly totally won. Sporadic gunfire can be heard, but that is all. Suddenly, two figures emerge on a podium in front of the crowd. The entire room stops to look at them.

Figure 1: Greetings, noble militia members, and servants of my own. You have all fought well!

Total silence follows this. From the voice, we find out that the figure is indeed wEvil. He begins to walk down the steps to the floor, the other figure in tow.

wEvil: Yes...you have indeed all fought well. But, alas it is in vain. For, you see. (He looks at his watch) You all have only have ten minutes to get out of a three-forum radius to Technological Superiority. Even then, this entire forum will die. daveb!

A hushed silence runs through the assembaly at this name.

daveb: (Other figure) Yes, sire?

wEvil: Tell them how they will die.

daveb: (Nods) Yes, sire.

We cut to a worm's-eye-view on the floor, as we slowly zoom up to his face as he begins to talk.

daveb: I have arranged the Interplay ships around this forum, and, as we speak, they will commence firing in 5 more minutes. First, all of the molecules in your body will superheat to nova proportions. As your body melts from the inside, you will feel the ultimate in agony. Finally, when the final blast comes in, you will all die as your body melts down with the force of a small nuclear reactor. Unfortunately for you, there's nothing you can do.

Suddenly, two voices shout out from off-screen, behind all of the boarders.

Voices: Not if we can help it!

Everyone in the room is surprised, and turns around quickly, and we follow their heads by rotating the camera. Standing in the archway are two silghouets. We begin to zoom up  closer. They walk towards us, and faintly become more and more visible. The other boarders quickly realize who they are, and gasp aloud. Standing in the doorway,
framed against the outside light...are Thunder and Setekh.

Thunder: Everyone get out of here, now!

Setekh: We shall handle this...problem.

We are now already far in, looking at them close up. Suddenly, Setekh turns his head quickly in the direction of daveb. We cut to a close-up of his eyes. They go into slits.

Setekh: Call off the fleet, daveb.

We cut to a front view of daveb and wEvil. daveb nods his head, and begins to go into a trance.

wEvil: No! Don't! Don't do it!

daveb snaps his head back up.

Setekh: Do it!

wEvil: NO! Do not listen to him!

daveb, caught between conflicting orders, doubles over and cries in pain. A clump of blood flies from his mouth. He lets out a scream of pain. He slumps to the floor on his knees, still doubled over. We cut to a close-up of his eyes. The lids close. We cut to his mouth.

daveb: (In whisper) Goodbye....friends.

He stands back up. He goes into a trance, but suddenly, he screams again, this time louder and more furious than before. He slumps to the ground, dead, as explosions from outside begin to rock the forum members. We cut to Thorn and Maeglamor.

Thorn: What did he do?

Maeglamor: (Lowers his eyes) He must have self-destructed the Interplay ships.

Thorn: (In whisper) So...he gave his lives for us, by destroying the ships, but how?

Maeglamor: He must have been under influence for so long, that parts of his conscious mind were in the minds of the Interplay agents. When he killed them, he destroyed his own mind.

Thorn: My god.....

We cut back to Thunder and Setekh.

Thunder: (Turns to face the crowd) GO! Get out of here! We'll make sure wEvil stays busy! Radio the other team and tell them to get moving!

As the other forum members hurry to comply, a voice can be suddenly heard behind wEvil.

Voice: I've got loads of spare time, too.

A figure emerges from the shadows from behind wEvil. It is Hemroid Frog Butt.

HFB: Lets du it!

He pulls out a large gun from behind his back. Setekh pulls out one of his own. wEvil and Thunder both ignite their lightsabers. wEvil's is the perfunctionary red, but Thunder's is a deep orange. By this time, the room is completely deserted, save the four combatants.

Thunder: Let us finish this!

He lunges for wEvil, and an explosion from the cieling rocks the entire room. More explosions begin to rock the entire forum, as the combat rages between the four foes. Setekh fires a shot off at HFB, but he easily dodges it, and fires off some of his own at Setekh, who blocks it with his own weapon. We cut to
Thunder and wEvil, locked in combat with each other. Thunder lunges at wEvil, and as they leap and jump, jostling for the correct position, more and more powerful explosions are rocking the forum. Pieces of the cieling start to fall downwards. One falls right in front of Thunder, blocking our view of wEvil. We cut to Setekh. His ammunition is all gone, and he's using his weapon now as a bludgeon. Suddenly, he sees an open spot, and swings at wEvil's head. Just before he connects, we freeze time. Fade to black.

EXT. Space. Day.

We are moving slowly through space. Wreckage can be seen floating around. We turn to the right, and there is the HLP forum. We begin zooming into it.

Shrike: (Voice-Over) The enemy...was vanquished, and all of his support was crumbled.

Fade to:

INT. Wreckage of Tech Sup. Day.

Shrike: (Voice-Over) We searched long and hard through the wreckage of the Technological Superiority, but found no remains of Thunder, Setekh, or wEvil and Hemroid. We can only assume that they were vaporized in the impending explosion.

Fade to:

INT. HLP Jail. Day.

We zoom outwards from the wall as Shrike is talking. Harmonica music can be heard.

Shrike: (VO) All members of wEvil's little gang were rounded up, and put in jail, and each was given an extended sentance, depending on their involvement.

Fade to:

EXT. Space. Day.

We move forwards through space, and spy a little object in the corner of the screen. We zoom forwards slowly. We fade in and out, each time getting closer to the object.

Shrike: (VO) But, as for the future....

We can now recognize the object as being earily similar to the thing that wEvil was talking about earlier. We fade out, and when we fade back in, we are inside of it. A long tube can be seen, with a sort of gas flowing all around it. We zoom in closer. A figure can be made out inside of it. Now, we are right in front of it. Continue zooming. We recognize the figure as wEvil. We fade out, and fade back in to a close-up of his eyes. Continue zooming, slowly.

Shrike: (VO)...who knows?

Suddenly, wEvil's eyes snap open. We fade to black as we continue to zoom in. When we are totally black, we roll credits and play end music.

SPECIAL THANKS:

bluvorlorn: For the inspiration with outstanding RBB movie.

darkage: For being such a great fan, and inspiring me to keep writing this story.

The HLP Community: For all of their support. To tell you the truth, I never thought that this would last this long, or even be this popular. Thank you!

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Good work UT.  Final Page count was 52.  If you want, I can post the script up on my site in its entirety, for easier access.  I can't wait to actually see this thing as a movie. Here's a suggestion though, How about we start a second thread for disscussing the movie, as this one is nine pages long.  Good WorK again:D :D :yes: :yes: :eek2:
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!! UT it rocks! :D:D:D:D:D:D

hmmmmm...*wonders about sequal, or even a prequal*...

I'd HIGHLY recommend you send this into a real movie company for consideration, IT'S A1 SUPAR :D

Cor

Offline Thor

I'd HIGHLY recommend you send this into a real movie company for consideration

Something tells me they'd miss the humour, the and the point of this movie.  but Cor did get something right.

IT'S A1 SUPAR :D

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Hah! I figured thats where you got your inspiration from...
Post a link to it, its good too...

Offline Redfang

Woa, that was amazing story! :eek2::eek2::yes:

The only bad thing is that it ended too soon, don't get me wrong, it was long but still too short, it was so amazing material. :nod:

I don't know either how my and darkage's battle continued, I guess I lost and died or then I were put in a jail. :doubt:

Edit:
Originally posted by Thor
Final Page count was 52.

For me, it's 9. I'm using 50 posts per page setting, what's yours?

Edit2: Oh, you must mean that you copied it somewhere (only the story) and it's 52 pages...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2002, 01:23:45 pm by 665 »

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
:eek: This is just soooooo amazing! :eek:

Too bad there is no 'female influence' in this last one.. :p

I really hope you will continue this. It was a true pleasure reading these stories!
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
UT: another outstanding episode ! you are a realy good writer! i comend you. :yes:

I am happy that i gave the insperation to you to keep writing this great story !;)

I have most parts, stored in a TXT file. I'll upload it this weekend:)

Thanks for this great story !
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I might write a sequel later, but at the moment I'm too busy trying to get this to be an actual movie. I can draw concept art and help out with the playing, but I don't know how to do the complex models this thing requires, plus, I don't know how to animate the entire thing. Anyone want to help?

EDIT: Here's the link to the archived RBB movie. You may notice I got a couple jokes from their, most notably the newbie training part :D

http://www.strategyplanet.com/homeworld/rbarchive/fiction/RBTM.htm
« Last Edit: August 15, 2002, 03:25:26 pm by 368 »

Offline Thor

I can edit movies, but I'm starting to get busy between my campaign and the new T-V War Project so I may not have time, but I'd like to help.  Also, get hosted, quick.  We're gonning to need a forum at this rate.

Redfang: yes, 52 pages in Word.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I don't know...are a lot of people really willing to actually help me turn this into a movie?

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
<--- Lightwave user (well.. once I get my computer running)
I'll help

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
That's three (Me, Thor, and possibly Thorn)...

Offline Thor

Uh oh, a movie by two Canucks and a, well whatever UT is.  Come on guys, lets get some help here.

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
ME! ME! ME! I can help in all sorts of stuff. I can edit using Premiere, rotorscope images, do pointless fancy things, edit sound. I love video and film as much as I love Graphic Design, and I've has experience before in this area. I even made some comercials for the internal TV network at a mall! :D So if there's serious talk about making a movie, count me in! I'm still trying my best in figuring out how to do those story boards though. I could draw them, but like I said, they'd be too pritty and time consuming. So I've been trying to learn how to use Poser in order to atleast get the basic idea into picture format. But we will need someone who's good in actual character texturing/clothing/weaponry and backgrounds IE Corridors, rooms, etc.

Yeah, count me in.
I have returned... Again...

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Dark_4ce
I'm still trying my best in figuring out how to do those story boards though. I could draw them, but like I said, they'd be too pritty and time consuming.

Have you seen the storyboards they have on the Shrek DVD? You should give it a look-see, they're pretty inspiring, I think. :nod:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
A really good ending indeed UT  :nod:
Overall... a fantastic stoy :D

I can use Premiere, AfterEffects (so and so) and Commotion... but unfortunately I have allready agreed on another project with my friends so I am not so much available :doubt:
Habeeb it...