Author Topic: "This War of Mine"  (Read 1301 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I came across the media coverage on a game with an very interesting concept this week and I thought I better spread the word.

The game is called "This War of Mine" and it is supposed to be a survival game where the player takes control of a civilian (or a group of them, not clear to me from the press release) caught in a war zone.

Little is yet known about the gameplay but the premise alone is IMO strong enough to make it worthy of being watched.

I also dont have any knowledge of trackrecord of the devs. To me they are an unknown quanity.

As we all know execution is the key to making a game shine but just the tought of some one makeing a game with this premise, as said before, noteworthy.

http://kotaku.com/the-war-video-game-that-we-need-may-finally-be-on-its-w-1542406407?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132902-This-War-of-Mine-Will-Turn-Players-Into-Helpless-Civilians

"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Like you said, everything here is pretty much unknown, but it's about damn time that someone made this sort of war game instead of the endless military masturbation out there.

Offline Luis Dias

The premisse is fantastic, I hope they really put it to good execution!

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
What I am weary of is what the portrayal of soldiers, mercenaries, etc. will be. It sounds like an interesting premise though.

Offline Axem

The premisse is fantastic, I hope they really put it to good execution!

That's... an interesting way of putting it in this context... :nervous:

Offline Luis Dias

i hope there will be lots of great executions!