Author Topic: [WIP] SF Knight  (Read 21815 times)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
So I finished the texture (you can see the final update above) and sent it to Spoon.

I'm expecting purty pictures of this to show the world when you're done. :P

Edit: Looks like this a new page, soooooo.

My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Lorric

Niiiiiice. :yes:

Hey Spoon, now you've got an excuse to make another turn video. :D

Offline LoneFan

I think the consensus is that there is no consensus. :P

But I am flexible about it. I'll just wait for more opinions to come flooding in. At first I did like the two super honking big beams but now I'm teetering all over the place. The thing I do know is that I wanted it to have at least 360 degrees (or very close to 360 degrees) of beam coverage for the turret on at the very least one axis. You know, so it doesn't have to turn around to aim its beams at the target. "Iron wall of Humanity" and all. Ain't gonna budge for you, pal (Unless you're right behind me). That stuff?

That was the special stand out trait I wanted it to be from an otherwise simply overgrown Challenger or Crusader with hangar facilities.

Just mulling over my thoughts now. Some of the ideas I'm getting.
  • Just go with the original idea that I had first posted. (Knight as a battlecarrier)
  • Get rid of the hangars. Give me MOAR BEAMZ. (Knight as a battleship)
  • Put a big beam in the front and keep the rest as originally planned. (More or less a variant of 1)
  • Downsize the hangar bays and attach BEAMZ on the side pods instead. (Knight as I originally originally planned, except not aesthetically. Mostly battleship with reserve fighters for self-defense and to resupply and repair nearby allied fighters).

If more than anything, I want to hear Spoon's thoughts on this.

It looks sooooo good, I want to try and eat it!  :lol:

I think I would go with selection 4, my second choice being #2.

Here is a question, with the knight being relegated to a battleship role, the LSF would need a dedicated carrier to carry, supply, and repair fighters and other small craft near the front.
If we get another delicious looking ship out of it, I would definitely go with option 2.  :wakka:

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that role be filled by the Guardian Angel?

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that role be filled by the Guardian Angel?

the GA and its class iirc is specific to the joint T-C forces, the terans and Cyrvans would have their own fleet ships to fill those roles
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Lorric

The Guardian Angel is the only ship of its class in existence at this time. So something else is needed.

Had me tearing my hair out a few times that I didn't have a carrier vessel I could use when planning my WoD campaign.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
Well, you have the Champion now from Stranded. Go, finish your campaign! :P
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.

Offline Lorric

Well, you have the Champion now from Stranded. Go, finish your campaign! :P

I started it pre-stranded, but I'll be waiting for Spoon to release the remake and using the shipset and story from that.

Offline LoneFan

Is it ready to be played with? Want to play with it so bad.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
It is done, just waiting on Spoon to put on the turrets. Because lazy.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

Offline LoneFan

Wow. I was Freding a mission were you help a crippled Knight escape an ambush. And It's all " WHO DO YOU THINK I AM? I'M THE JUGGERNAUT *****!" and basically destroyed all the things.  13 Cordi Gunships, 2 Cordi Mother ships, 16 Cordi solders, 8 Cordi Warriors, 3 Nordera Battleaxes, 12 Nordera Pilagers, and 12 Nordera Bombaders, and she was sitll at 98% health...