Author Topic: [WIP] SF Knight  (Read 21816 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The other one just looks like that smaller ship used as a reference and scaled up, though...not very interesting.
And is this some sort of joke, because that looks pretty...half-assed, sitting in uh, square braces and all. :P

I think what would work better is if you took the old one and integrated slightly smaller versions of these into the "wings", replacing the fighterbays (because this are bootleshap, not career). Possibly following:

[19:54] <Vaktezraj> it'd be better if it were limited to a 160º FoF, if it were set into a slight recess in the hull
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Flak

1 big beam in the center, rather than 2 odd 'smaller' ones on the sides.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
I think the consensus is that there is no consensus. :P

But I am flexible about it. I'll just wait for more opinions to come flooding in. At first I did like the two super honking big beams but now I'm teetering all over the place. The thing I do know is that I wanted it to have at least 360 degrees (or very close to 360 degrees) of beam coverage for the turret on at the very least one axis. You know, so it doesn't have to turn around to aim its beams at the target. "Iron wall of Humanity" and all. Ain't gonna budge for you, pal (Unless you're right behind me). That stuff?

That was the special stand out trait I wanted it to be from an otherwise simply overgrown Challenger or Crusader with hangar facilities.

Just mulling over my thoughts now. Some of the ideas I'm getting.
  • Just go with the original idea that I had first posted. (Knight as a battlecarrier)
  • Get rid of the hangars. Give me MOAR BEAMZ. (Knight as a battleship)
  • Put a big beam in the front and keep the rest as originally planned. (More or less a variant of 1)
  • Downsize the hangar bays and attach BEAMZ on the side pods instead. (Knight as I originally originally planned, except not aesthetically. Mostly battleship with reserve fighters for self-defense and to resupply and repair nearby allied fighters).

If more than anything, I want to hear Spoon's thoughts on this.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
While I like the first version, it would make sense to go with the second option if the Knight was described and planned as a battleship, with the fourth option as a compromise.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It should have a small scout/shuttlebay, though. WWII battleships carried seaplanes, modern ones (well, Iowas in their operational configuration) carried helos. So it makes sense for a battleship to carry a few scout fighters or shuttles.

Offline Lorric

Battlecarrier would be my preference.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Personally, I'd rather see this ship as a pure battleship, or at least mainly a battleship. The FS-verse already follows the "large ship = battlecarrier" principle; I'd like to see other universes diverge into more specialized ship designs.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
Wow

such beams

much kanigget

very nice

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
It built itself from scratch since Io Shipyards wouldn't build it to perfect spec.
When it leaves drydock, the metaphorical water becomes wetter than usual.
It taught a Skirmisher to fire its beams...in all axes.
A Challenger once compared beam sizes with it and left only feeling like it was still a child.
Lords to pray to their Lords for salvation at the sight of it.
When it goes bowling, Volyas willing become its bowling balls just so they can hear it say "bowlya" in a husky voice.
Elephants feel like fleas when flying alongside it.
Its gaze causes Ascensions to ascend to a higher plane of existence, breaking the will of the Breaker helpers.
The Nordera become pacifists to avoid its wrath.
To the Cordi, bug spray is a better end than it.
Fura'ngle become brave warriors just so they can listen to its song.
The Zy envy its warrior prowess.
Armageddons feel like they are in Armageddon when they fight it.

It is...the most interesting battleship in the galaxy. And the Iron Wall of Humanity.

"I don't always command ships, but when I do, it's a Knight-class. Stay-"*log terminated due to hull breach. Transfer of all personal data to blackbox successful*

-Rear Admiral Hendricks trying to make a Sol Force recruitment ad moments before being vaporized by an Armageddon, NC0145

Clearly the moron who wrote that doesn't know how to write. And get his priorities straight.

(Yes, the bad writing is intentional)
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.

Offline Flak

Are that new little things on the sides are beam mounts or fighterbay or missile batteries?

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
Are that new little things on the sides are beam mounts or fighterbay or missile batteries?

Actually,  I forgot to smooth it out from before I changed it. I decided I'll prolly redo the front to house an Eyeball of Doom instead.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Bah, I like the current prow. Really makes it look like a battleship. If you're gonna have frontal artillery, add two or four smaller guns on the sides.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
So, basically Spoon told me to give up on the eyeball of doom thing, which honestly I agree with. I just entertained the idea a little bit since there were people who wanted it.

New one here. Looking for another idea for a big beam of doom that can rotate.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

Offline Flak

You can look at the Archangel Dreadnought from Homeworld Cataclysm. It has 2 huge beam turrets, one right on top, another below so they cover most parts of the ship.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
DahBlount and I talked about it a little bit (He's actually the one who modeled the missile launchers for me on the latest model update). I have a feeling for something like a swivel turret like the HTL Hades. Problem is, I'm not sure how I want to visually convey this.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

Offline Lorric

DahBlount and I talked about it a little bit (He's actually the one who modeled the missile launchers for me on the latest model update). I have a feeling for something like a swivel turret like the HTL Hades. Problem is, I'm not sure how I want to visually convey this.
I don't know much about this kind of thing, but what about the beam weapons seen here?

Anyway, this is quite an enjoyable experience watching your model taking shape like this in these regular updates. I wish you luck. :)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
And so it begins...

Silo doesn't support transparency, so that's why there's a black background for the nameplate.

Before you ask, yes I already made nameplates for the other 5 potential ships.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
I love 3-barrel turrets

Add more comms arrays and antennas behind the bridge?

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
Textures are WIP.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
 :doubt: yaaaaawn.

:yes:itsawesomereally
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png