Author Topic: [RELEASE]CRF Excalibur  (Read 6329 times)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
[RELEASE]CRF Excalibur
So I had talked with Spoon a bit about Enzo03's about a week ago after remembering his work. I got in touch with him and he gave me all the models he worked on (his work is Here. Spoon was interested so I gave the models to him. Lo and behold he's busy, so I decided I should take some load off of him and make stuff for him. This one of them. So, while I've been stumped with what to do with the Knight, I decided to be productive still and texture some ships. Here's what happened:

Model and UVs by Enzo03 with textures done by me.

The Excalibur, from what I've been told, is a CRF heavy fighter much like the Caliburn. It ended up being a little smaller than the Caliburn though, so it might just be a little more maneuverable, faster, but less durable. Just like everything else that the CRF seems to make on their own.

Download. Comes with no tables, mainly since Spoon will be playing as he calls it "spreadsheet commander" with it anyway if he ends up using it. He'd do a better job than I would anyway, since I have no knowledge of how the balance is like with nuWoD. :P
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Enzo03

Re: [RELEASE]CRF Excalibur
In my typical monotone, I say: hooraaaay.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
The Caliburn was my favorite ship in WOD. This ship looks more capable and quite iconic.

I also wish I could texture like that.  :P
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
You borrowed some Steve-O's textures, I see. :) I'd recognize those panel covers anywhere.

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
You borrowed some Steve-O's textures, I see. :) I'd recognize those
panel covers anywhere.

No, I didn't. I used what texture base Spoon uses and that he gave to me.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Well, then Spoon did. Those covers look just like on Steve-O's ships and weapons, right down to the "explosive" sticker and the yellow arrow.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Keen eyes, Dragon. Keen eyes.
Took you almost four years to notice?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
If it was there from the start, then you must've been somewhat more subtle about it, though. :) Even if I did see some similarities to Steve-O's ships in your textures (besides CSA missiles...) then I probably chalked it up to "great minds think alike". On the other hand, those plates look like CRF salvaged them off a Wraith/Uriel. :)

OK uh... that flat red scale texture slapped onto almost every surface is really not doing the model any favours. I'd try to give constructive advice here but given how good your texture work was on Dimensional Eclipse it would feel patronising.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 08:19:00 pm by Phantom Hoover »
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Flak

Need more paintjob?

Offline Lorric

I didn't say anything before, I didn't want to offend you, but I also don't like the paintjob. It seems garish to me. Sorry... :(

Offline LoneFan

I love the model, it looks both strong and elegant.

Smaller size would seem to translate into greater acceleration / maneuverability do to reduced mass, but also reduced secondary weapons capacity because of little storage space.  I would recommend this fighter being more of a heavy defense fighter with lots of primary gun ports and decent maneuverability but few warheads. Slower acceleration and speed once armor is added, but sporting new maneuvering thrusters and avionics innovations resulting in a somewhat slow but very maneuverable fighter. 

It also looks like it is could of come from the same development team who designed the Caliburn, so saying it was designed around the generator that the Caliburn was meant to have and that it powers the array of gun ports on the Excalibur would make for some good background info in the tech-room.

So to balance this fighter,
better speed with weaker armor, or slower but with dense armor
stronger shields with less energy for primary weapons
weaker shields but possessing an impressive primary weapons array with lots of weapon energy that could be dumped into shields when you get yourself into trouble

This is my idea with the Excalibur could become but what I really want to say is not to make this fighter too vanilla, it needs to have some trait that sets it apart from all the other fighters, that something that makes you fall in love a that fighter and prefer it over all the others, that defining characteristic that suits your particular style.  Why do I feel like I'm writing for a car commercial :wtf:?

Offline LoneFan

Need more paintjob?

Lets go for dark blue with gold trim!