Author Topic: VeniceMirror official thread!  (Read 24330 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: VeneceMirror official thread!
I haven't seen any Vasudan ships in your screenies - what will they be doing in this timeline?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
There will be Vasudan navy in action, due to my storyline, for the most of the first campaign, Vasudans will be rather a side faction not involved in civil war between Terrans, they don't want to mess with it. (It's just like in Inferno).

Only later the security council will convince the Emperor to deploy his fleets in order to protect the GTVA from even more progressing Laramis Supreme Reign into the GTVA space.

But I don't want to spoiler more then it's necessary, Vasudans will be present, and vital for the plot.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam

New weapon! Fire Lazors! Many! It's that simple!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Exile
...aka Burst Particle Acceleration Cannon. Fires insanely fast 15 shots one after another, and than, get a cooldawn of 10 seconds. Secondary anti-capital weapon made up by accident :D.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Looks nice, and has a nice idea behind it. A variation on the boring ol' blob turret.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Nothing new, but looks cool!

Offline CT27

How are things going?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Exile
TheHound is making progress at mission 6, while I make things shiny :D
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
That is correct, development is going, maybe not so fast as i wish for it (life and stuff) but its going forward - thankfully... and even faster and better thanks to Betrayal's help, to be honest, i wouldn't be that far without him.

I know there was a big silence out here, but really, I don't know what should i post here without spoiling the whole plot :)

Stay tuned, Campaign 1 is worked on.

Maybe ill find something nice to screen-shoot and post up soon!

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Well, actually there is a screenie I like, I posted it for the screencap contest - it's a scene from my current work.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Exile
Things are progressing.

Hound, move your ass and show the community something more!

Edit: Am I hallucinating or something is wrong with these images?

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Oh geez, Betreyal, if I'm to show something, i need to HAVE something, missions won't make themselves you know!

As for what is strange, i think the lighting from the red star is much of a factor here.

But.... i have an idea for what to show.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The red star lighting looks great.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Anyway, let us start with the *Ships Showcase*!

Let us meet SRC Midgard

When LSR risen in Laramis to overthrow the oppressive GTVA goverment, they still lacked numbers, and Midgard was just an answer to this. This ship, nicknamed a "cyan fenris" has been refitted with number of unknown technologies possessed by LSR, and mass produced in their secret shipyard to fill the gaps as screening ships for their battle groups.

It's fitted with TWO* new White "Ice Shard" Beam cannons on it's nose, and has it's standard yellow laser turrets replaced with it's faster and better equivalent developed by post-Capella scientists, allowing it for faster rate of fire with improved damage. It's standard missile launcher has also been refitted with exclusive LSR anti-cruiser missile warhead, allowing it to engage other cruisers more effectively then its predecessors.

But it's not the weaponry that makes this ship better then its ancestors, it's improved alloy armor can withstand punishment from every ship within it's class, and come out victorious. It's onboard advanced computers allow this ship to perform "nano-jump", a effective method of flanking enemy ships, and disabling their engines once Midgard leaves subspace, making it's pray unable to move and fire back.

* Since Betrayal is picky about writing issues...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:10:44 am by TheHound »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Exile
It actually has 2 white slashes on it's nose :P

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Alright, it is time for another *Ships Showcase*!

This time we will be looking into some heavy bastard, namely: SRD Indigetes

This is one of the three destroyers that LSR has on it's payroll.

SRD Indigetes is still a question for GTVA scientists and engineers, every GTVA vessel that encountered this ship, reported a massive power readings fluctuations, power that needs a reactor beyond anything that Alliance can mount on a Orion class vessel while allowing the ship to perform inside combat environment... but Indigetes has that.

Even if it's power reading are off the scale, it's not weapons systems that alliance warships should be afraid of. Indigetes is a combat carrier, heavy armored enough to bring up a full squadrons of fighters and bombers to the middle of the battlefield, and successfully maintain its position, due to it's advanced point defense systems, and jamming equipment the ship is a tough combatant to engage. It also has an ability to produce weapons and fighter in the field, that gives it quite a flexibility and enables it to operate outside the logistical support for long periods.

Like all LSR prototype ships, this ship was built in secret LSR shipyard, and outfitted with technology mostly still unknown, but like all Reign vessels, it's has on mounted "Ice Shard" beam cannons for anti-capital ship warfare, and stronger anti-fighter capabilities then any alliance warship may have in a long while.

SRD Indigetes is currently placed under command of Rear Admiral Robert Kalivas.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:07:39 am by TheHound »

LSD?  :lol:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Exile
Laramis Supreme [Reign] Destroyer :P. Yeah, current prefix is pretty funny. We may change it to LRD.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:33:51 am by Betrayal »

Offline Lorric

What about SRD? Supereme Reign as the prefix for all their ships?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Exile
Sounds cool as well :yes:. I will discuss it with TheHound. Soon we will decide.