Author Topic: Kaijus..Kaijus come stompin!  (Read 9021 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Re: Kaijus..Kaijus come stompin!
i'll take 'dubious companies trashman is likely to pimp out on HLP' for $500
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Maybe one day Kerberos will make a good SotS game.  I'll buy it from them when it's done, and not before.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I like how SoTS2 is still effectively a beta product. They even had the nerve to 'rerelease' the damn thing as 'the enhanced edition'. The same broken product as before just with patches added. Yet you still have apostles like Trashman spreading the word of their trash products.  :nono:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
This crap again?
And you call me a broken record?

This tread is about THIS game and THIS kickstarter.

I don't care if you have issues with SOTS.
I don't care if SOTS2 kileld your mother and raped your mother.
And I especially dont' care if you have isses with me.

This thread isn't about SOTS2. Create a new one if you want to talk about it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:56:37 am by TrashMan »

we're so persistent in warning people against handing their money over to dishonest companies, it must be soooo obnoxious right
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
It looks like Sim City 2000 with a less awesome monster.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Maybe you should stop coming here just to advertise the company you so fanboyishly adore?
I do believe the general consensus on this board is that Kereberos as a company should have died off after the stunt they pulled with SoTS2. And nobody wants to support a company that pulls crap like that.

This thread serves like literally no purpose other than to get people to the kickstarter page. It's really blatant viral advertisement, especially coming from you.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
we're so persistent in warning people against handing their money over to dishonest companies, it must be soooo obnoxious right

Pretty much this. Nobody should ever trust Kerberos again.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

why in god's name you'd believe they need $50k to make something with the approximate scope of a dime-a-dozen flash game is beyond me, too

This tread is about THIS game and THIS kickstarter.

You're asking us to pledge their money to a company for a new project.  That company's past failures are relevant to whether or not we should be opening our wallets.

This thread isn't about SOTS2. Create a new one if you want to talk about it.

this thread isn't about bernie madoff's past ventures, we're here to talk about his new investment scheme

Offline Luis Dias

Even without all this questionable background, I am really underpsyched with these screenshots. Terrible art. And not even a gameplay video? For ****s sake, this looks terrible.

don't you see this thing's going to REVOLUTIONISE the upgrade game genre

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Even without all this questionable background, I am really underpsyched with these screenshots. Terrible art. And not even a gameplay video? For ****s sake, this looks terrible.

This.

I'm above holding past failures again someone's new endeavours. It still looks plop.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

pay kerberos only $1000 and you can be the owner of a one-of-a-kind ukelele

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Looks like it could be a decent browser game, but no more.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
If it was any other developer I'd be interested, but Kerberos burned any good will I had towards them with Sword of the Stars 2.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Maybe you should stop coming here just to advertise the company you so fanboyishly adore?
I do believe the general consensus on this board is that Kereberos as a company should have died off after the stunt they pulled with SoTS2. And nobody wants to support a company that pulls crap like that.

This thread serves like literally no purpose other than to get people to the kickstarter page. It's really blatant viral advertisement, especially coming from you.

Spoon...

So if I happen to like a game and/or company I'm automaticvly a blinded fanboy? Let's dismiss someone and belittle him immediately. My opinion doesn't count because you think I'm a fanboy - and you use that term in a derogatory matter. Your very first post and you are directly insulting me.
And you're automaticly an enlightened tower of reason and good taste?
AS if....

I could easily call you a mindless hater and I wouldn't be far from the truth, but is name-calling, snide remarks and cheap shots really the way you want to go? Really?
The only one who can't seem to "let go" or is obsessed doesn't look like me.

This thread, like ANY OTHER KICKSTARTER thread serves to point out and get peoples attention. And as this forums history shows, you would have ZERO problem with another thread like this if it was another company/game. Or another person making it.
So get of your high horse you hypocrite.

You have zero high ground of any kind. Not moral. Not logical. Not ethical.

You're asking us to pledge their money to a company for a new project.  That company's past failures are relevant to whether or not we should be opening our wallets.

I'm not asking you to do anything. I'm just spreading the word.

And b.t.w - Kerberos has multiples games under it's belt. SOTS2 is just one of them.

including that last game they made on kickstarter, it's weird how they've forgotten all of a sudden how to make profits they can reinvest in making more games

you'd almost think they were trying to fleece loyal chumps because they know they'll never be taken seriously as a professional dev again