Author Topic: Voice Acting Call Part 2 *CLOSED*  (Read 7103 times)

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Voice Acting Call Part 2 *CLOSED*
It's that time again!

FotG has most of its voice acting done, but we need your help to hammer out the few remaining roles. We had some trouble after the first call with actors signing up and not turing in their assigned lines, so instead of handing out roles individually, we're going to take a page from the Blue Planet VA Death March and post an open script. It might seem like we're just ripping off their great idea, but note that ours isn't a death march so much as a big triumphant fun march like the one at the end of A New Hope. Remember that that is a scene inspired by Nazi propaganda films where everyone is really happy and no one is dead. Except for all the people on the death star. Those guys are really dead.

How do I join in this super cool non-death march you ask? Just open up The Script, pick a role (or a bunch of roles!), record the lines as individual 44.1khz wav files at 16 bit, and label them with the text found to the left of each line. Then all you need to do is zip all of those files together and send them as an attachment to [email protected]

Afraid your voice isn't sexy enough for acting? You can be a squeaky-voiced alien pilot who speaks pig Esperanto. Already submitted a role back during the first call? The more the merrier, esteemed colleague (though we probably won't have duplicates on pilot personas). You want to contribute, but you mic isn't good enough? There are almost certainly cheapskates in the SW Galaxy with worse mics than you. Cats won't shut up and let you record? You are the legendary pirate ace Loba Bindooki, soaring into battle with baby womprats all over your cockpit (gross). Maybe not everyone will make the final cut, but everyone can march!

The team reserves the right to use any voice acting samples sent to us (with credit) in any way we see fit for the game. This is mostly important in case we can't contact someone who provided samples but we want to use them in the game anyway. I personally reserve the right to describe how I envision our actors marching in this thread, so get those lines in quick if you want to be the person riding the bantha, because there's only one bantha.

May the force be with y'all!

EDIT: Don't forget to come hang out in our irc chatroom for laughs and acting direction (faster, more intense!). If you want to use your own client, we're on esper.net at #scp-swc
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 12:32:04 am by swashmebuckle »

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Re: Voice Acting Call Part 2
Captain Jol Davin of the Krayt Pearl has been cast.

Get these roles while they're hot!

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Got an excellent multirole submission for two of the available pilot personas today. Only a couple basic-speaking personas left--keep those voices coming!

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
*dusts himself off*

I was just wondering if I still had a spot in Fate of the Galaxy? I did an audition for Mr. Dietrich about a year ago and I remember him saying that he'll put my name down for your use.

Or would you prefer if I did a new audition?
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Hi Darkblade! Yes, you are most definitely in the game. You were one of our first voices cast, and I still sometimes play a couple of your lines for people recording live in my studio to demonstrate the appropriate level of intensity for the more urgent persona messages :)

I'd love to have a few non-persona lines for your character during the campaign missions he is present in, so watch your email in the next few days (I'm pretty busy atm but I will get them to you!). You can also record the one-liners in the open script (linked in the OP) if you are interested in maybe picking up a bit part or two on the side.

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
Roger that, I'll put my teeth on some lines once I get home. Hopefully I'll be able to send 'em on Wednesday.
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
We've had some excellent submissions over the past couple weeks, including our first explicitly non-human pilot! I've marked Viro Wan Rujadi as cast, and it'll take a pretty outstanding performance to displace the reigning Galenes Vorin.

We could use some more women's voices! The balance in our VA effort started off pretty good, but it has turned into a bit of a clone sausage fest of late.

Does anyone around here speak Swahili? I've heard that that's the language that Nien Nunb (Lando's copilot in RotJ) speaks. That could be completely wrong seeing as the only Swahili words I know are from the Lion King, but we would like to have a pilot voice that sounds like Nien Nunb!

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
And before you ask, no, the Swahili-speaking pilot's death line is not allowed to be "HAKUNA MATATAAAAAAAA---"

Edit: According to wookiepedia, Nein Nunb actually speaks Haya and Kikuyu. Really any Bantu language would be pretty cool.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 09:15:23 pm by swashmebuckle »

Offline Tnadz

Do the recordings get processed to sound like they are coming over a headset com?  Didn't know how clean I should make them.  How many more aliens you looking for?  And do you want just generic females in addition to Gan's?  My wife wants to give it a shot.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Yes, processing will be handled on our end to make sure that we have similar radio effects from all the voices. Clean recordings at a consistent volume level (not individually normalized) are best.

For aliens, I'll take as many as we can get unique sounding languages or phonational mechanisms for. Definitely looking for maximum sonic diversity on that front (though unprocessed recordings are still best).

I would love to have women go for alien pilot personas in addition to trying out for the remaining uncast English speaking roles (Vorin and Gan). We could also definitely use more submissions for the one-line roles so that we don't end up with seven ships that all have the same voice :)

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
A friend of mine said she'd like to do Vorin - asked to give her a week for completion.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Awesome, keep those submission coming! We'll certainly still be up and running a week from now.

We just got a Shistavanen persona, bringing our alien total to three.

Who's got a John Wayne impersonation I can create a Long Snoot alien out of?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I've missed my oppertunity here haven't I?

BAd organisation on my part  :banghead:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Your role did get recast, but there is a similar part in the open script (Moas Gan) that hasn't had any submissions yet (though Cobra has been eying it). Also don't forget the one-line roles!

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
My friend finished the Vorin parts and sent them in.

Offline Tnadz

Un-normalized you say?  Well sh...

I guess I'll make sure my wifey's lines are done right.  Anyway, we shall double our efforts.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Don't worry about the normalization, Tnadz, ya did good :)

We are getting real close here! Still need more people to knock out the one-line roles.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
All the large basic-speaking roles from the open script have now been cast!

Still looking for people to give us some one liners, and more aliens are always welcome.

What I really need is a droid that understands the binary language of moisture vaporators.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Vaporators? Sir, my first job was programming binary load lifters, very similar to your vaporators in most respects.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Do you play bocce?

Will also accept pétanque.