Author Topic: Need some opinions  (Read 3256 times)

Vincenta196

One more level left to test and my campaign is complete. Now that it is on the verge of bieng finished, and now that I have some tools to mod weopons and ships and god knows what (thanx to everyone who responded to my post earlier), I am really anxios to start a campaign. I have asked around the base all day of numerous ideas, and three ideas keep coming back. I don't want to post them all here, so they are at www.angelfire.com/games3/vincentscorner/campaign.html  . I would seriously like some feedback from you guys since you all seem to know about modding and campaigns better that I. Thanx for your help

------------------
"Casualties many: percent dead not known: we are winning." - PFC Raynold's response to my "what's your status?" while he is testing FS2 campain.

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
I've read through your...idea...and I must say that the last one is the one that appeals to me the most. The second idea is a bit the opposite of what the GTVA is, so its a bit far fetched.

I say go with the third idea. Get Warlock to do the StarLancer models for you.

------------------
Long Live The Fighters!!!

Do or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Yub yub Commander! - Major Wes Janson

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                   [b][email protected][/b]                                 >                  

Upcoming campaign: Fury Storm

Offline The Claw

• Run! Chickens Incoming!
I like the last one, although I'm not familliar with Starlancer. All I can say is go for which ever one you like best.
 My personal Idea for a campaign starts off when you are catapulted into an alternate dimension, and things are more than slightly different (for a start, the cold war turned into World War Three, meaning that us Terrans moving into space was delayed by about... 40 years or so).
 PS: Health Warning.
 If Images of Giant Death Chickens blowing apart Terran ships disturbs you, please do not get this campaign when it is completed  
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I'm going for the Shadow Stalkers idea. It' ssomething I haven't seen much of - I like it, quite a bit.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Vincenta196

Thanx guys for the respones so far. I haven't beaten SL, so I really don't know where in it's storyline to tie it in with FS2 (though I have written up a storyline of it from what I know so far). I have asked around the base about the SL vs FS2 campaign, but nobody around here knows or played SL, so i'm talking gibberish to them. I think the bounty hunter idea is pretty cool though...

------------------
"Casualties many: percent dead not known: we are winning." - PFC Raynold's response to my "what's your status?" while he is testing FS2 campain.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
I love the last one: it's sure to make a mission that deals alot with the characters and all the story stuff (that will change the scale from big interspecies war to individual struggle   )

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2
http://robotechlan.com/freespace2/

and of Hidden Terror, the Shivan campaign
http://shivancampaign.homestead.com/index.html
My own page:
http://shivancampaign.homestead.com/index.html
SCREW CANON!

Offline Grey Wolf

Definitely the SL-FS one.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator

Originally posted by Vincenta196:
I have asked around the base about the SL vs FS2 campaign, but nobody around here knows or played SL, so i'm talking gibberish to them. I think the bounty hunter idea is pretty cool though...

I have. Many people on this forum own StarLancer too. I just couldn't get pass the last mission.

------------------
Long Live The Fighters!!!

Do or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Yub yub Commander! - Major Wes Janson

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                   [b][email protected][/b]                                 >                  

Upcoming campaign: Fury Storm

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Starlancer? Plenty of people here play it! Silent Warrior is working on the music conversion - Warlock is converting pretty much all the ships that can be converted - Shrike, IceFire, Thunder - and me too, once I can find it  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If you want to do an Ancients campaign why don't you do one about them returning to GTVA space. They weren't all wiped out in the Shivan attack and managed to survive and evolve super advanced technology. however they did not completely learn form their mistakes and attack the GTVA, trying to reclaim part of their vast empire. the Shivans return through the Capella node via a Knossos they constructed, but instead of attacking the GTVA they join in the attack against the Ancients. It could also be the reason why Bosch created his ETAK project and went looking for the Shivans. He didn't raid the ruins for info on the Knossos but for info on the Ancients themselves, to create an alliance with the Shivans to destroy the Ancients.

What do you guys think of that one?

Offline Grey Wolf

The reason I said the SL-FS one is because I have a friend who loves Starlancer but never played D:FS or FS2.  I'd love to blow up his precious little fighters right in front of his face!
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Vincenta196

Originally posted by Vincenta196:
I have asked around the base about the SL vs FS2 campaign, but nobody around here knows or played SL, so i'm talking gibberish to them.
sorry bout that. i didn't mean this forum. I meant the base that I work at. not many people play games there. It's FS2 or UT or Q3 (however, i just got SS2 and that seems to be interesting people, even for an old game)

------------------

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
For a singleplayer campaign involving SL, here's an idea:

Beginning of the campaign, rumors of war are abounding again, and several fleets have assembled. Player is a fighter pilot in one of these fleets. The fleet is patrolling just past the orbit of the moon, when suddenly a huge gate opens in front of them and sucks the fleet in. The fleet ends up in the FS universe...the unfortunate victims of a Knossos-device prototype that failed to open a node to earth, but somehow managed to open a gate from Earth in another reality.

This is several years after the end of FS2, and things have gotten messy in the GTVA. More factions have broken off, and they ALL want the knossos technology, and are willing to resort to anything to get it. Or so the GTVA tells you...

The truth is that the GTVA leadership has been trying to distort reality intentionally, trying to make it so large unpleasant parts of history never happened. However, these experiments have gotten to the point where if they continue, reality itself will start to break down...

The SL fleet starts out by trying to help the GTVA, having been suckered into believeing that they are the good guys, and that the focus of their current efforts is to get the SL ships back home. Eventually, however, the SL fleet realizes that they're just being used as a hit squad, to take out the other factions, and finally break away from the GTVA. Things begin to darken, however, as the GTVA has started to succeed to some degree in their reality-alteration, and pretty soon one ambitious admiral decides to use the reality-alteration to reunite the GTVA into one empire-under his name. He uses the experimental neo-Knossos to recreate a huge fleet at his command, including the Colossus (and possibly a Sathanas), and uses it to take total control of the GTVA government. Suddenly, more and more things are being pulled out of alternate realities to suit the new imperial government- but the Admiral isn't satisfied with just the GTVA. He wants EVERYTHING- the dream of the Ancients, with the unlimited power to realize it. At first, the SL fleet was determined to simply find a way home, but eventually realize that the military strength they have may be the only hope of the remaining free people. If something isn't done soon, nothing will be able to stop the new Empire from destroying both freedom AND the fabric of space-time-reality...

I know, it sounds a lot like TM...but I swear I came up with this on my own.  

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!

[This message has been edited by Sushi (edited 03-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sushi (edited 03-25-2001).]

Offline Arnav

• Slightly rusty technology
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/techsup
That is one trippy idea. How would you implement that in an FS2 campaign? Wow.

------------------
- Arnav
Creator of Technological Superiority: http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/techsup
"At least I have job" - Unidentified Soviet Flak Trooper before being prismed.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Just import SL ships into FS2.   The only real problem I see is running out of table entries before you get enough SL ships in.

That, and orchestrating the details of the campaign and each individual mission...details, details.  

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!
Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod