Author Topic: Aftermath 2.0 last mission issue  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Govenator

• You have been targeted for termination!
Aftermath 2.0 last mission issue
Anyone know why the last mission of this camaign is crashing?  I'm running FSO 3.7.1 and MediaVP's 2014.  The campaign ran very well until the last mission where it was crashing.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Re: Aftermath 2.0 last mission issue
The bugged model / ship entry for the "GTF Valkyrie MK2" (Valkymk2.pof) causes the crash.

Did you download the FSCRP version? It should be Aftermath 2.1.

Code: [Select]
Loading model 'Valkymk2.pof'
WARNING: "Not all subsystems in model "Valkymk2.pof" have a record in ships.tbl. This can cause game to crash.  List of subsystems not found from table is in log file." at modelread.cpp:646
Subsystem weapons in model was not found in ships.tbl!
IBX: Found a good IBX to read for 'Valkymk2.pof'.
IBX-DEBUG => POF checksum: 0xfe29e475, IBX checksum: 0x8a49fe0e -- "Valkymk2.pof"
WARNING: "For ship 'GTF Valkyrie MK2', detail level mismatch. Table has 4, POF has 5." at ship.cpp:9032
WARNING: "Invalid subobj_num or model_num in subsystem 'weapons01' on ship type 'GTF Valkyrie MK2'. Not linking into ship!  (This warning means that a subsystem was present in the table entry and not present in the model it should probably be removed from the table or added to the model.)" at ship.cpp:5592

Offline Govenator

No, I'll do that.  Thank!

Offline Govenator

Actually it turns out there are 2 different Aftermath Campaigns.  The one you sent me a link to takes place 3 years after Capella.  The one I currently am playing relies of FS1 MediaVP's and takes place between FS1 and FS2.  The one I'm playing takes place in the Cold Element series http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Aftermath_(CE).  So I'm back to not having a last mission. 

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
You should try Aftermath 2.1.  You are playing an older version of the campaign.
See this thread
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=79185.0
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
You should try Aftermath 2.1.  You are playing an older version of the campaign.  ngld just posted the wrong link
See this thread
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=79185.0
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Govenator

Thank you.