Author Topic: Prey 2 Gets the Teeth?  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Prey 2 Gets the Teeth?
I don't play these kind of games on account of my limited hardware, but I was really impressed by this trailer, which looked completely bad-ass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufikwk7_AD0

...And this game, Prey 2, is not what you'll be playing if a Prey 2 ever hits the shelves:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124543-Prey-2-Was-A-Full-Game-When-Bethesda-Cancelled-it

I ended up looking up some interesting commentary on the state of the game on YouTube, as well as a brief blurb on the Wikipedia page, and needless to say, it sounds very disappointing. What I saw in demos of the game was, yes, a shooter, but it looked like it had some character unto itself which was really quite unique. What shall replace it seems to be in the vein of BioShock and some flavor of survival horror...

...It's not that such a development means the outcome will be bad, but it also seems like it won't be great, either. Is this yet another moment which serves to demonstrate poor taste on part of corporate management, perhaps mismanagement?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 09:48:26 pm by Thaeris »
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Re: Prey 2 Gets the Teeth?
Bethesda sucks, what's new.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: Prey 2 Gets the Teeth?
after the disappointment that was rage i decided to quit shooters for awhile. prey was the last one i actually enjoyed, and it sucks that they gave the sequel the shaft.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN