Author Topic: Iceni question  (Read 7501 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

... This is Command we're talking about here.  :rolleyes:
I have spent enough time on this subject, debunking this line of thought, that I really begin to feel anyone who spouts it and has been here as long as you have is deserving only of a kick in the balls.

I dunno,  probably IRL?  :rolleyes:

But that's both impractical and too vicious.

Agreed, thank you for being civil about it.  (No that was not sarcasm).

Offline Luis Dias

The issue here is how Command has had this fame of being absolutely incompetent or lazy or dumb or annoyingly slow with regards to the events of FS2, but I would agree with NG that all the more careful analysis done here by many commenters actually support the exact opposite conclusion, that Command was cautiously optimistic in their endeavours, that they had made a proper risk analysis and decided correclty to porsue exploration with a small risk of a backlash, and that even when the Shivans proved themselves to be way out of proportion, Command proved to have substantial resources prepared and used them appropriately.

I've always agreed with that assessment, although I somewhat think that given we have access to a very minimal size of intel assets regarding these questions from GTVA, we are really just making informed guesses to their smartness and competence, so in the end it's somewhat subjective.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I believe my issues were more with with the small annoyances (can't remember exactly, but that feels right). Such as SHTF but we won't change mission parameters. Our something.

If I ever get some spare time and a system that FS doesn't decide to obsessively love the Intel over the nVidia card despite being told not to, maybe I'll play through again. (side note, I have to try a trunk build to see if that fixes it).

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Can't you just disable the onboard video in your BIOS, so that FSO can't see it in the first place?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
No option in the BIOS , unfortunately :doubt:

It's a Toshiba Satellite P775-S7160