Author Topic: Borderlands 2 - UVHM Coop  (Read 3677 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Borderlands 2 - UVHM Coop
So, Scotty is busy getting a BL2 character ready to play in Ultimate vault Hunter mode, and I already have a Zer0 ready to go (meaning level 50).  We have room for two more - anyone else feel like joining in for a playthrough of the base game and DLC in UVHM with us?

*Note: This won't be for a bit as Scotty has to get levelled up, and I have other time commitments like family and whatnot, but if others want in, we have room for you.

See my Steam profile to the left if you want in and we aren't already friends.

EDIT:  If you have underlevelled gear and haven't grabbed the Shift Codes religiously, you can go here, get a bunch of keys, and restock your gear from the chest in Sanctuary in TVHM before moving to UVHM:  http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/SHiFT
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 12:55:13 am by MP-Ryan »
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Borderlands 2 - UVHM Coop
I am very definitely interested in this. Got a lvl 50 Siren ready to roll
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Rescuing Roland from Bloodshots right now, at level 11.  These enemies are 12-14, some of them with that little warning for being too high level, and I'm still one-shotting them with my sniper.

Borderlands please.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I am 90% sure the game doesn't expect me to go through the story this fast.  I'm level 16, fighting through the compound to rescue Bloodwing, and I just encountered a level 21 enemy.  In a non-open sort of area.  Welp.

EDIT: and getting weapons that I can't use until level 19.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 08:46:38 pm by Scotty »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
EDIT: and getting weapons that I can't use until level 19.

Welcome to Borderlands, where you get weapons you can't use until later that will be superceded by weapons you get once you are ready.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
In a nutshell.  I'm actually using one of the weapons I've been hauling around since four levels ago, though, and just now got to the level to use it.  2200+ damage crits with a sniper are pretty sweet at level 19.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Up to level 24.  Just stole the vault key.  My sniper rifle crits are now above 3500 damage.  Life is good (even if the Bunker was level 27).

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
I'm on vacation! perfect time to blow up a bunch of stuff.  I'll get my gunzerker ready.  He's currently Level 39
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 11:27:18 am by Turambar »
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I have completed the first playthrough of the game.  I am now level 30.  Beginning TVHM momentarily.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I have completed the first playthrough of the game.  I am now level 30.  Beginning TVHM momentarily.

prepare for some sticker shock.  The difficulty spike is a little jarring at first.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
This mythical difficulty spike you spoke of has left me rather wanting.  Perhaps it's the 1500 damage, 56% chance to shock for 200 damage/second sniper rifle with a 5.1 fire rate, 26 rounds in the magazine, and a reload speed under three seconds, but I'm really not noticing any greater difficulty. :P  If anything, having my turret available to start the game has made it easier than the first playthrough.

Offline Patriot

I found the difficulty spike on TVHM not much different either, seeing as i have a class mod that gives DeathTrap(playing Mechro) EVEN MORE Melee damage and damage reduction than you would have normally. Also, the Shift Keys gave me some rather splendid weapons in the form of a 10K damage dealing Jakob's revolver and many other things.
The Normally dropped Assault Rifle courtesy of Vladof is handy with Slag, and the Torgue rocket launcher that deals 120K damage with each rocket without a target being slagged helps with the big bads :D The Torgue shotgun i picked up is nice, but i'd rather have a quad barrel instead of a dual barrel, this thing seems lackluster compared to my old one from Normal mode(and that thing was lvl 12 and took me through to 24), also Blue in rarity.

However, when you do Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, the difficulty becomes real, and that's just what the fun is about in BL2, specially when you have a buddy to play with that is of equal level. Currently on lvl 46, halfway to 47 :D

If you do have Tiny Tina's DLC, i suggest you start saving up on Eridium, you get to use it in the slot machines and there's chests that have D20s on them that you can roll for 5 eridium for a 2d20 roll instead of a 1d20(more chance of getting a high roll).

Also, here's a list of Legendary Items in BL2
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary#List_of_Legendary_Items_.28Borderlands_2.29

Enjoy :D

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
This thread seems familiar.

Anyhow, my friends and I got pretty into BL2 a couple years ago. Steam says 216 hours. I have:
*L61 Soldier: majorly kitted out and very UVHM-ready
*L54 Gunzerker: I've poached gear from him, which is a problem as Gunzerkers seem really gear-dependent
*L43 Siren: work in progress, but I like her playstyle

I'm "Comrade Chernobyl" on Steam. Find me and we can shoot stuff for fun and profit. I *do* have the Pre-Sequel, but I'd like to tackle some more of 2's DLCs and raids before I move on completely.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
So, Scotty, think you'll be near 50 by January 5th?  I'll be back from vacation by then.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
If not by then, I'll certainly be close-ish.  Currently at 37, though this Saturday I'm booked solid.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
At level 39, I have spent my badass tokens in such a way that I have exactly two things at less than 5% bonus.  A couple things are up past 6% already, like fire rate.  I'm rather liking how I've got it so far.

Elemental Damage and Chance are both 5%+ as well.  UVHM should be nice with this turret ****ing up everything and anything.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Back now!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Still level 40. :P

It's difficult to put 60 hours into this game on top of work and the odd bit of free time I spend not playing Borderlands.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Still level 40. :P

It's difficult to put 60 hours into this game on top of work and the odd bit of free time I spend not playing Borderlands.

Well, if you're doing sidequests in TVHM, there are a lot I haven't done in that mode, I can always join you.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Siren's L50 now. So if you want to try slugging through UVHM from scratch, find me on IRC, leave a post here, bug me on Steam, something.
[SHOOT_GUNS_FOR_FUN_AND_PROFIT:PERSONAL_MATTER]
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted