Author Topic: GTFg Midgard  (Read 7871 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
"Pocket Destroyer"
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Hi. Today I added 2 blocks of missile launchers. Not sophisticated ones but there's no point in overdetailing it.

#Hades
I found a solution for the docking hatches :D
As for the chin. I'd rather keep it just like in Fenris/Levy

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
I agree with Hades on the docking hatches.  Didn't notice it at first, but yeah hexagonal hatches loot wierd.
I think the chin if fine, though, if it needs to be balanced in the front, I'd rather say add something to the forward superstructure.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline crizza

I like the gatling turret :D
What about some sorte of...elevation on the chin?
like on the hull of the Diomedes...one could place a beamdish there or something like that.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's supposed to be armed with three spinal railguns in triangular configuration similar to Bellorophon main cannons, but smaller and 2-3 VLS launchers. We may consider making alternate versions with FS2 or post-capella armament.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
It's supposed to be armed with three spinal railguns in triangular configuration similar to Bellorophon main cannons, but smaller and 2-3 VLS launchers. We may consider making alternate versions with FS2 or post-capella armament.

imo a Post-Capella version would make sense, an upgrade to the Leviathan and Fenris. It would also work good for Reunification based mods as a ship for the Sol faction for obvious reasons.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

So far I'm not touching the chin. It's the most difficult part of the model and I will make it after I obtain the shape of other sections.
New version of the secondary engine. More flat and it doesn't break the side profile of the ship as much as the old one. It felt a bit "ass heavy".

Small update.
Using the boolean tool in blender I'm slowly making the entire model a one solid piece. now I will focus on the engine section.

Offline Rheyah

• Will release something one day. Promise.
I -love- Fenris designs.  Seriously :)

I like how you've actually made it feel bigger. It's one thing to say something is x meters long, and it's another thing to make it feel like x meters long. This model feels bigger. Good job.

As a suggestion, I wouldn't mind seeing what a trailing engine (similar to the Deimos) would look on that bottom missile turret.

A lot of the FS2 ships featured separate engine pods. I think they serve to break out of the visual box that many ships find themselves in. It provides a bit of variation to the form. The nice thing about using engines to do that is they can be large enough to work with the rest of the ship without just being a frivolous extension on the ship.

Finally I started making the bow. maybe it's a little shame but I'm copying the geometry that Hades used to make Fenris's bow. However I don't have any other solution for this :/ .

Offline BirdofPrey

Eh don't needlessly repeat work that's already been done.  They say imitation is the best form of flattery and Hades has some pretty awesome work
. . .
. . .
when it's actually finished
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Work from a backup and try numerous ideas out.  I want you to do a hammerhead variant. Inspired by moi.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Hello and welcome everyone.

I decided to stay with current bow shape. I'm satisfied with it. I tried different combinations and shapes but... they did not feel "fenris- like" at all. The damn bow is something that makes that design unique. Currently I'm adding armour plates all over the place and other random details.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I like the headlights  :yes:  ;)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

You mean forward cannons? Mah, I forgot to delete them before uploading the model.  I was trying different cannon configurations and this one seems to be fine.

Offline BirdofPrey

Looking nice. 

When you say cannon configurations, do you mean number and location, or whether they are sunken, flush or on spars?

I am beginning to think, considering the rest of the elements of the ship, the pod thing on the bottom of the engine section doesn't seem to fit.  The rest of the pieces slowly angle in to each other as a continuous block with no spars or anything.  That section on the bottom of the engine section doesn't gel with the rest, it gets smaller rather than larger where it connects to the superstructure, and is connected to the rest of the rear segment through another, thinner element.  To me, it gives the look that it's some sort of aftermarket booster engine (and the reason it looks like an engine is it has the same sort of overall shape), not an item original to the ship and part of the structure.

Secondary engine will stay on it's place however I need to give it more love. As you noticed the connection between it and the main structure is a bit too thin. I will add some elements there to fill the space between engines to make everything more compact.

Offline BirdofPrey

Well I was thinking build out the transition form the superstructure to the engine at the bottom to also transition to the secondary, so it looks more connected and make the area between the bottom of the engine to the top of the pod so it looks more like a platform than a spar between the two