Author Topic: Freespace 1 campain in FS2O in french  (Read 1326 times)

Offline pichagi

Freespace 1 campain in FS2O in french
Hello all,

I have recently bought Freespace 2 on steam, downloaded the FSO latest installer, followed the installation instuctions found in the Steam community.  Decided to start where it all began and play the Freespace 1 campain included in the installer as recommended by some.  Everything seems to be working fine but for some reason, the in game voices are in french?  Anyone has an idea of why and how to fix this?  I'm sorry if this question has been posted before, but I've been poking around and couldn't find anything about this....

Offline Yarn

Re: Freespace 1 campain in FS2O in french
Does your FSPort folder have any files that begin with "a-"? If so, remove them; those are language packs that provide voices and additional files needed for various translations. You're only supposed to use a language's files if you wish to play in that language, and you can't have files for multiple languages installed at one time.

If you do have any files that begin with "a-", did you install them manually?
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline pichagi

Hi and thanks for your response. Yes I have multiple files that start with a.  I seem to have all the languages installed.  I have not manually installed anything for I have used the latest FSO istaller downloaded from the download section of this site.  Should I remove the files starting with "a" to fix this issue?

Offline Yarn

If they're in the FSPort folder, then yes, remove them.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline pichagi

Thank you very much!  That worked!  :yes:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
There was a short period of time after the version 3.5 release was posted when the Installer did contain all the optional language packs.  After a few hours I realized that that could cause problems so I took them out and made the languages manual-only.

You must have caught the Installer during that small window when the packs were available.  Congratulations on your attentiveness. :D

Offline pichagi

Haha!  With my luck, that wouldn't surprise me.  :D