Author Topic: Buy FS1 & 2 from GOG or steam?  (Read 7274 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: Buy FS1 & 2 from GOG or steam?
The Port specifically obtained permission from Volition to convert the missions, tables, and models to run on FS2.  The community-created content is not subject to that agreement.

But the voice acting and the original music, cutscenes, and cbanims (not the community-upgraded ones) are a gray area.  You raise a good point.  It would probably be best to make some sort of utility that copies those resources from an existing FS1 installation rather than downloads them.

if you incorporate that into your installer then it would reduce the download overhead as well
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Well the good news is only the voices and a couple of cut scenes remain un upgraded
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
The Port specifically obtained permission from Volition to convert the missions, tables, and models to run on FS2.  The community-created content is not subject to that agreement.

But the voice acting and the original music, cutscenes, and cbanims (not the community-upgraded ones) are a gray area.  You raise a good point.  It would probably be best to make some sort of utility that copies those resources from an existing FS1 installation rather than downloads them.

Cool.. TIL