Author Topic: Yo.  (Read 1557 times)

Offline incognitia

• Yup
    • my soundcloud
I first discovered DF: The Great War when I was about 9. Since then I had totally forgotten about the series, but was reunited a few months ago after stumbling upon it on GOG. Sure enough, they hold up damn well. too (the MediaVPs don't hurt, though). I guess I just wanted to say how glad I am to see that there's people out here that recognize how great these games were (are), despite how relatively unknown the series is now.

oh, and I also make music sometimes:

https://soundcloud.com/incognitia

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Welcome, welcome! Good to see you've found your way to the one place on the internet where the flame of FS is kept alive. Have you played any of our great user-made campaigns?

If you're interested in working on a campaign at any point, composers are in high demand around here. Your 'ar1' piece sounds ominous enough to be a nice Shivan theme.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial