Author Topic: [RELEASE] 27/04 v0.1 Endurance & Endeavour class frigates, See 1st post  (Read 4881 times)

Online starbug

• DarkSide Animations
[RELEASE] 27/04 v0.1 Endurance & Endeavour class frigates, See 1st post
27/4 RELEASE V0.1 http://www.mediafire.com/download/ot3hm0ytbwh10s1/Endurance_&_Endeavour.rar

So here is the first release of the Frigates, they are working fine in game but still need work done on them, which i am doing, just wanted to get them out there. The tables make use of weapons from Blue Planet 2.

A couple of things to note.
- When placing them in FRED, they take a long time to place it may look like fred has frozen but it hasn't just seems to take a long time to place them.
- Same for the techroom, takes a while for the models to load up not sure how to get round this.
- Paths still need to be added.
- Docking points still need to be added.
- Some of the turrets seem to be facing the wrong way, not sure why they appear ok in PSC2 but in game the base will be facing backwards, still trying to figure it out.

Install - Place the maps in your maps/mod - maps folder
            Place the models in your models/mod - models folder
            Place the Frigates-tbm in your tables/mod - tables folder

UPDATE 25 April: Ok got the carrier variant of the endurance, which is called the Endeavour in game. The Endeavour is pretty much the same hull as the Endurance but there are some differences, biggest being the Endeavour has a forward fighterbay instead of forward cannons. It also has extra senors, Radar dishes/domes in place of the VLS torpedo's on the Endurance. The Endeavour also has a different turret layout. It has more point defense turrets, but lacks a heavy punch in anti capship, where as the Endurance is a pure warship and in the thick of it, the Endeavour will stay back as a C&C vessel, launching fighters and bombers.  I am extremely happy with how these have turned out in terms of design and texturing. I am hoping to release them soon, just have a few bits to tidy up on them. Then i might go back bring the Typhon up to date and give it a better name.

Group shot with the Tython Heavy Cruiser, I think you can see how far i have come with my textures. I still struggle to get the Shinemaps right, but overall i am happy with my progress.

Now the Differences between the frigates

Endeavours Figtherbay & Endurance's forward cannons

Endeavour's extra sensor equipment.

Compared to the Endurance's Torpedo launchers

A couple of months i started working on a class of frigate which i originally named the Halberd. Due to real life stuff i could only work on it now and again but i am now sorted and the last couple of days i have got it working in game with no issues! I have also renamed it to the Endurance class frigate. I am currently testing it out and working on weapons. For  now though its armed with UEF weapons from blueplanet. I am also using the frame to create a carrier variant of the ship which i have called the endeavour class. I am really happy with how this has turned out along with my texturing(still have problems with spec mapping) compared to the Typhon that was released with very kind help from Darius.

Also here's test footage of the Endurance in action against a couple of Dalek Cruisers and figthers!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 04:17:54 am by starbug »
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: Endurance class frigate, ingame and working
I am really digging this design philosophy that you've got going on lately, the ships work really well together as a factional fleet. Really cool!
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Ship looking great! Sir, please continue...
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Loving it.

:yes:

So how many have you made?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Online starbug

• DarkSide Animations
I have the endurance,  just adding the glowpoints on it. I have also made the carrier variant the endeavour,  again just loding it up and just have some final touches to do in pcs. There is also the typhon but I might redo that to bring it up to the same level as the endurance and endeavour.

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Online starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Re: UPDATE 25/04 Federation Endurance & Endeavour class frigates, ingame and working
UPDATE 25/4 see first post :)

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
Re: UPDATE 25/04 Federation Endurance & Endeavour class frigates, ingame and working
system redundancy at it's worst - sensors do have two of everything, but in place to be taken out by one bomb along with the primary dishes :P Also the giant weakspot where the windows go almost across the whole hull - geth do not approve :D Other than that, good stuff
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
 :drevil:

[attachment deleted by nobody]
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I want them! :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Lorric

Some very fine work, and I was genuinely entertained by the video as well. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you. :nod:

Online starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Re: [RELEASE] 27/04 v0.1 Endurance & Endeavour class frigates, See 1st post
First Release of the frigates is now out, see first post for details :)