Author Topic: XCOM 2. The advent administration is here.  (Read 10265 times)

Offline crizza

Re: XCOM 2. The advent administration is here.
Nice and I like the nod towards the Games Com in Cologne :D

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I am hype.

I am hype.

Your not the only one...  :nod: :nod: ;) ;) :D :D

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Have they re-worked the weapon mechanics?
Are shots actually tracked? Can bullets individually hit object in between?
Or are they just effects that will again pass trough stuff and cause me endless irritation?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Shots are tracked in XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

This becomes very painfully apparent the first time you miss a shot, hit a wall and blow it open, and expose another pod that you are not prepared to deal with on your last action of the turn.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Are shots actually tracked? Can bullets individually hit object in between?

I'm not entirely sure what you think happens in the game, because you can sure as hell watch the shot hit stuff it wasn't supposed to. If you're complaining about limited animations in the game leading to funny-looking shots, that's because it's a game. Deal with it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

If you're complaining about limited animations in the game leading to funny-looking shots, that's because it's a game. Deal with it.

And hopefully will be fixed in 2, I'm sure they've noticed the problem in 1 and taken steps to correct it. I hope. Because it definitely was distracting.

Or are you talking about near misses possibly doing collateral damage to surrounding enemies? Like you could blind-fire in the original and in TFTD and score a kill or two if the aliens were standing in front of one another. Or you could miss a shot and hit the hidden alien standing next to your target.
Because that would be pretty sweet.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Shots are tracked in XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

This becomes very painfully apparent the first time you miss a shot, hit a wall and blow it open, and expose another pod that you are not prepared to deal with on your last action of the turn.

Didn't appear that way to me. I had shot pass trough 2 cars or other objects to hit me. It appears as the shot only takes into account the target and it's direct cover and nothing more.
Also, multiple shots act like one. Either the entire burst hits, or the entire burst misses. No individual bullet tracking.

I have never seen the shots damage anything in between, I have never seen shots that miss hit anything else. No accident can happen. No diviations.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Well, the shots don't travel in a straight line, they zigzag along the grid, and, elevation comes in to play, if for example the enemy is on the 2nd floor, his shot can pass over the car, again, along a zigzag path following the 3D (well, 2.5D) game area grid.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I have never seen shots that miss hit anything else.

You literally have not played the game. Cars blowing up because they took the hit rather than the person behind them. Walls being blasted open because of plasma fire. These are not uncommon occurrences. A pitched firefight can destroy a section of an urban map very quickly.

Jesus Christ, when I LP'd it I made a note of a shot tracking through a glass door that destroyed the door instead of continuing on in the first post.

EDIT: Game has been delayed three months. I am sadface.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:42:26 pm by NGTM-1R »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

I don't think Trashman can quite comprehend the idea that Enemy Unknown was perfectly capable of tracking shot trajectories but the devs made a design decision not to use it for the crucial hit/miss mechanic. To him, simulating the ballistics of each individual bullet is just objectively superior.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I can get where Trashman is coming from. Bullets phasing through objects and said objects being unphased by the bullets isn't unheard of
But Trashman, it's also important to note *that this isn't 100% of the time*
Maybe here and there will bullets just phase through terrain, but not everytime will objects being struck by bullets outright ignore it

However, it is hilarious when suppressing fire and/or missed shots *still end up hitting someone*
"I just ate a faceful of plasma! But, since it wasn't aimed at me, I'm okay!"
"The suppressing fire is coming my way... and it's hitting me... but that's alright, it's not actually damaging fire! Must be set to 'irrelevant' "

"No"

Offline CKid

New Trailer

If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Don't forget the hands on look at a couple of random missions, and customization.

Offline crizza

Awesome, but that delay sucks^^