Author Topic: Fan Art: Noemi & Friends  (Read 5059 times)

Offline Valikdu

Fan Art: Noemi & Friends
I liked Blue Planet so much that I've decided to make art!

...that is, I've decided to ask someone else to make the art for me, 'cause I can't draw.

WARNING: pony inside

Spoiler:

Offline Vrets

Re: Fan Art: Noemi & Friends
I guess I'm too old to ever understand this kind of thing.

Arrrgh, my back gave out while typing this hnnnrgh

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Even in the morally-ambiguous war-torn future of the 24th century, love and friendship will reign supreme!

Nice idea, and I applaud more pony in Freespace. :) Though the pic doesn't make it very obvious who's who, besides Laporte and Ken of course.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

I should hate that with every fibre of my being, and yet... and yet...

Offline Luis Dias

Can't wait to listen to "Friendship is magic" tunes on my BP playthrough, so on point.

(My Little Pony)
I used to wonder what friendship coul BOOOOM d be
(My Little Po SLAAASH ny)
Until BEEEAAAAMMZMZZZZZZZZzzZZZ you all shared its magic with me

Haha, I'm loving that Ken. I like the take on the Fedayeen trio (I wish I knew them a bit better, that way I could tell who's who).
Also, Simms is crying blood.

Which kind of makes sense, considering our last view of her in game was her hemorrhaging blood from her mouth and nose from the radiation poisoning.

Haha, I'm loving that Ken. I like the take on the Fedayeen trio (I wish I knew them a bit better, that way I could tell who's who).

left to right: vidaura, kovacs, falconer

you can tell the right one's falconer just based on the sheer rage rofl, kovacs is the middle one because, uhh well it's a dude. idk what i'm supposed to glean of vidauara from that but hey

the ken is really sick tho and i'm not a big MLP person like at all

edit: also just noticed the cutie mark (that's what they're called i think?) on falconer is, well, a bird. rofl
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 03:29:03 pm by TrickMagnet »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
It would help if you could decode their cutie marks for us
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Well, as TrickMagnet noted, the far right pony (the aggressively postured one) has a falcon, (in fact it looks almost like the Jade Falcon insignia, heh). Though if it were a falcon grabbing a knife in it's talons, that'd be even more accurate for Falconer, heh.

Kovacs in the middle has what looks like a targeting reticle, and Vidaura's positioned so we can't see hers.

Noemi's looks kinda like an elaborate Trident? Perhaps a reference to her being 'the tip of the spear'?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:55:46 pm by Celendil »

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Just, no.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

On the one hand, Blue Planet is apparently popular enough to have terrible pony fanart relating to it drawn by people on Deviant Art.

On the other hand, Blue Planet is having terrible pony fanart relating to it drawn by people on Deviant Art.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
On the third hand, it is drawing attention to BP from a new community; on the fourth hand, if it angers you so much, you can use that as catharsis for making cool BP fanart; on the fifth hand, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMZ

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Now, I know plenty of people aren't into ponies, but no need to be hostile anytime they show up. If you don't like ponies in your Freespace, simply look at something else.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Valikdu

Well, as TrickMagnet noted, the far right pony (the aggressively postured one) has a falcon, (in fact it looks almost like the Jade Falcon insignia, heh). Though if it were a falcon grabbing a knife in it's talons, that'd be even more accurate for Falconer, heh.

Kovacs in the middle has what looks like a targeting reticle, and Vidaura's positioned so we can't see hers.

Noemi's looks kinda like an elaborate Trident? Perhaps a reference to her being 'the tip of the spear'?

Simms was supposed to have a symbol of Eris (this one) as the mark, but the artist envisioned this different pose for her. I liked the pose. Viadura was supposed to have a bloody knife.

Laporte's trident is actually the weapon of Shiva.

Laporte's trident is actually the weapon of Shiva.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats brilliant.

Now, I know plenty of people aren't into ponies, but no need to be hostile anytime they show up. If you don't like ponies in your Freespace, simply look at something else.

But ponies are heresy!