Author Topic: another cel test  (Read 3966 times)

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
ok beginign to think its to simplistic i think more detail will be required for the models than i had thought but shouldn't be to extreme though but more than this agreed??

ARGHHH

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
That sentence made no sense at all. Yeah, that's fine, I guess. Too much detail tends to **** up cell shaders something serious.

And I don't know how well beemer tanks and block condos go together, man. Maybe something a bit more... post-apocalyptic?

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
nope i'm avoiding the whole post apocalyptic thing there will be some difference in global warming will have make many parts of the planet desert and inbetween the major citys there are vast tracks of empty desert where trucks carrying goods between the citys travel and fall prey to a new breeed of pirate - the road pirates

as for this render iknow i know but i'm lacking many models suited to cel shading andits more interesting than a flat horizon
ARGHHH

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
I liked the last one better. The buildings look... well crap. They are kind of little, which gives a bit too much detail, if you know what I mean.,
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
Well, whatever, then. Put some variety in the buildings, at least. Right now, with all the same-looking square buildings, it looks like a crappy Tank War game clone.

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by Stryke 9
Well, whatever, then. Put some variety in the buildings, at least. Right now, with all the same-looking square buildings, it looks like a crappy Tank War game clone.

[english accent] By Jove, I think you've got it [/english accent]
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
ok updated the tank abit and yes in time there will be more buildings =) but i was just doing a test render really off the truck since i had just made it

but anyway the tank

ARGHHH

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
Kinda more of a Jeep thing, now.

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
as i point out its nota tank its a custom high speed all terrian attack vehicle
ARGHHH

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Cool :yes:

BTw, does Max have/do a cell shader (or is there a free plugin for that?)

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
according to venom the colour is easy enough but the edges well aren't as for therebeing plugins yes there is but freeones no idea

ask venom he will know more than me
ARGHHH

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
Just commenting on the practicality of the design, man. Not often you see an armored antivehicle turret on a car with a big glass cockpit. It just looks inconsistent. You wanna have a jeepy thing, make it light all over, not light in front and chunk armor stuff in back. You wanna tank, make it a tank all over. Or stick to the first one, which was incongruous in a cutesy kinda way that perversely made sense, like bay windows with a planter on a submarine...

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
meh, put at least 3 levels of atenuation, not two ( aka bright red/dark red, needs a medium red ). Also, don't think that because you can do cell shading, you can have super low polycount. Granted, you can drop the details. but you need really curved lines. The "wheels" in the treads look terrible if you ask me, you HAVE to make them rounded.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I like it, a little more varity in the buildings but maintain the stile, it looks like an intentionaly crapy looking type thing, very mundane and inconsistant and yet it all seems to go together
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
I like the "tank" the way it is going to be right now :)

bah who cares if it's not so realistic... it's going to apppear in an Anime :D

Keep up the same good work, and as the others have said... more variety to the buildings.
Habeeb it...

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
this cell shadeing is kind of interesting I found a cell shader for truespace and made a quick test, if anyone cares,
I should try this on a smoother hulled object
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
acaully nearly all those have 4 colours - teh red has black darkred - red and white as for the wheels well they are plenty rounded its the cels that make it look polygonal if you look closely you can see the edge lines are very rounded perhaps i should add some bleeding to the joins i dont know but i kinda like it like that sorry the tracks well yeah they are abit polygonal but i'm still trying to work out how i animate them and they will probally need made again to suit the aniamtion so no point yet in fixing them

as for the design of the thing i dont want it to be a tank!!!! i dont want it to be a jeep!!!!!!!! its jsut a custom thing ok not been thought out by committees on whats the best possible design

its just a vehiecle for the sexy chicks that will be driving it and i wanted it to be abit more interesting than a bog standard tank or jeep
ARGHHH

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by KillMeNow
acaully nearly all those have 4 colours - teh red has black darkred - red and white as for the wheels well they are plenty rounded its the cels that make it look polygonal if you look closely you can see the edge lines are very tounded

yes you're right, sorry. No need to blend or anything, it's just a matter of lightning in fact.
SCREW CANON!

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
well thought i could post some of my concepts now first time i think i ever done this but normally i dont do to many concepts cause i'm better at modeling than drawing but when it comes to characters well sudednly i can draw better than i can model lol =) and let me tell you its not becuase i can draw characters really well lol =)

anyway the character at the bottom left is the amin character shes acaully got a sheet of paper to herself but i thought i qould squeeze everything onto one the other character is hte mains characters sister the face that was my first attempt at anime styling the motorerbike thing well afew issues with it needs to be redesigned slightly soa person cna acaully ride it but the styling should remain similar but thats why its not finished

anyway here you go - enjoy or if your good at drawing you may wish to cringe =)

ARGHHH

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
KMN (or anyone, really) - How exactly do you render cell shading? We can start with what program you use, what version, etc. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill