Author Topic: HUD and General graphic Help  (Read 1144 times)

HUD and General graphic Help
I'm finding my HUD hard to see against the background (Fore-ground?) of the game. Are there any setting to make the HUD brighter or higher contrast? This is especially true in Nebulas. Also, I may be remembering wrong, but I thought your current target was highlighted or bolded on your Radar (i'm using 2D Radar display option, not 3D Radar), I seem to be having trouble picking out my next target. Any other suggestions on how to get the best display options, I feel like i may be missing something. Using the 2014 VPS everything looks great, but dark and I have trouble picking out enemies.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: HUD and General graphic Help
By default the (lowercase) "L" key is bound to a HUD brightness toggle. That might help the HUD be more visible.

Sorry, I can't remember if the current target was ever highlighted in the radar.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Thanks Niffiwan. Looks like I was already running at the highest brightness for my HUD. I don't know for sure if vanilla FS2 would highlight your current target on your Radar, it seems like I would have been aggravated by that years ago! Still, I may just be mis-remembering WingCommander

Offline m!m

The current target should be highlighted by being a larger circle than the other targets (that's true for both the 2D and 3D radar gauges).