Author Topic: Open installers: some links appear dead  (Read 2782 times)

Offline Atmon

Open installers: some links appear dead
Hi Guys,

I've installed Freespace through the Open installer.
Everything is good for the moment, apart from mods the installer can't download.
I've tried 5 or 6 times during 2 weeks before this post.
Is it something else I can do, instead of waiting files being available ?

Thanks,
Atmon

Here the log after the install :
Les erreurs suivantes ont été rencontrées :

Multiplayer Missions: Le fichier 'multi-mission-pack.zip' n'a pas pu être téléchargé.
Multiplayer Voice Files: Omis car le mod parent n'a pas été installé.
Blackwater Operations Demo: Le fichier 'bwo_demo.zip' n'a pas pu être téléchargé.
Inferno: Le fichier 'inf1.zip' n'a pas pu être téléchargé.
Derelict: Le fichier 'derelict_core.zip' n'a pas pu être téléchargé.
Derelict Voice Pack: Omis car le mod parent n'a pas été installé.
The Procyon Insurgency: Le fichier 'pi103.zip' n'a pas pu être téléchargé.
Shrouding the Light: Le fichier 'stl.zip' n'a pas pu être téléchargé.
Shivans: Le fichier 'brshivans.zip' n'a pas pu être téléchargé.
Twilight: Le fichier 'twilight.zip' n'a pas pu être téléchargé.
Warzone: Le fichier 'warzone.zip' n'a pas pu être téléchargé.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Open installers: some links appear dead
:welcome:

You may want to check the mirror monitor.  At the moment, all of the file hosts are online, so it's probably not a host problem.

I'll need to see the actual logs generated by the installer, not the messages on the last panel.  Can you zip up and upload the logs folder in the same directory as FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.jar?

Offline Atmon

First, thanks for the answer.

You may want to check the mirror monitor.

I've tried before I post my question, but there is a problem: despite the checks are showing everything is OK, when you clic on the links (the ones which are dead on my log) a page appear with a "file not found" message...

Here are my logs.

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

I can confirm that freespacemods links, for example http://freespacemods.net/files/installer_files/campaigns/twilight.zip, don't work.

Some links are ok, like this http://www.freespacemods.net/e107_files/downloads/homesick.zip.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Here are my logs.

Thanks.  This is really strange... the links for those campaigns return 404 (according to the log, and confirmed by tomimaki), yet the mirror monitor indicates that the links are valid.

So there are two problems here: first, there is a bug in the mirror monitor, and second, the files have been moved or deleted.  I'll send some messages.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Sorry about that. An internal file was corrupted and had to be fixed. I've set up an alert so if this happens again, I'll be able to fix this sooner.
Also, if you notice something stange with the mirror monitor: Take a look at the "Last updated" line at the top. If more than two hours passed since the last update, something went wrong.

EDIT: To clarify, I only fixed the mirror monitor. I have no access to freespacemods.net and can't do anything about those 404 errors.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:34:15 pm by ngld »

Offline Atmon

Ok, so I'll try again later.

Anyway, thanks for the job and the replies.

Offline Ynglaur

The FSO installer is throwing the following errors.  This may be a related issue to the OP, but I'm not sure.  I've included my log files in case that's helpful.

The following errors were encountered:

Multiplayer Missions: The file 'multi-mission-pack.zip' could not be downloaded.
Multiplayer Voice Files: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
Derelict: The file 'derelict_core.zip' could not be downloaded.
Derelict Voice Pack: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
Inferno: The file 'inf1.zip' could not be downloaded.
The Procyon Insurgency: The file 'pi103.zip' could not be downloaded.
Blackwater Operations Demo: The file 'bwo_demo.zip' could not be downloaded.
Shivans: The file 'brshivans.zip' could not be downloaded.
Shrouding the Light: The file 'stl.zip' could not be downloaded.
Twilight: The file 'twilight.zip' could not be downloaded.
Warzone: The file 'warzone.zip' could not be downloaded.
Blue Planet Complete: The hash value for 'bpcomplete\bpc-audio2.vp' did not agree with the expected value.  This could indicate a corrupted download or a problem with the mod.  If this problem persists over multiple attempts, contact the mod author for assistance.  The file has been deleted.
Blue Planet Complete: The hash value for 'bpcomplete\bpc-audio3.vp' did not agree with the expected value.  This could indicate a corrupted download or a problem with the mod.  If this problem persists over multiple attempts, contact the mod author for assistance.  The file has been deleted.
Enhanced Graphics: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The FSO installer is throwing the following errors.  This may be a related issue to the OP, but I'm not sure.  I've included my log files in case that's helpful.

Thanks. :yes:  Most of these errors are the same ones as in the OP, due to the same cause.  I'm still waiting to hear back from achtung, who manages the freespacemods.net hosting.

But these errors are new:

Blue Planet Complete: The hash value for 'bpcomplete\bpc-audio2.vp' did not agree with the expected value.  This could indicate a corrupted download or a problem with the mod.  If this problem persists over multiple attempts, contact the mod author for assistance.  The file has been deleted.
Blue Planet Complete: The hash value for 'bpcomplete\bpc-audio3.vp' did not agree with the expected value.  This could indicate a corrupted download or a problem with the mod.  If this problem persists over multiple attempts, contact the mod author for assistance.  The file has been deleted.

I suspect that the files were updated but the hash wasn't updated along with them.  I've sent another PM.

Offline Ynglaur

Thanks so much for the quick response.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You're most certainly welcome.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Thanks for the heads-up. The issues with the BP downloads have been fixed (at least the installer runs through correctly on my end).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
FYI - took me 3 attempts to redownload bpcomplete, each time it ran (except the last) something failed the md5sum, the next run would get some of what failed, but not all.

Logs attached.

Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I have no idea how that would happen.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Me neither, I'm hoping that Goober can find something in the logs. I presume that the md5's & files were fine the whole time, and it was something either during the download, or in the installer itself that was causing the failures.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Nothing is wrong in the logs.  The download proceeds until the hash comparison fails.  Perhaps the web server was caching the old version of the file.

Offline Ynglaur

BluePlanet downloads correcty now, though the others indicated above still have issues.

Offline Atmon

Still problems.
Here my last logs.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes, the 404 problem hasn't been fixed yet.  I'll repost here what I posted in another thread:

Some of the hosted files for the mods have been either deleted or moved, causing 404 errors.  I'm awaiting a response from the maintainer of the file hosting site.