Author Topic: [Release] Apollo HTL and MK2, Prototype, Bomber variants  (Read 30105 times)

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
[Release] Apollo HTL and MK2, Prototype, Bomber variants
This contains 4 variants of the HTL Apollo:
A prototype variant based on the Apollo as seen in the Alpha of FS1, for campaigns in the early Great War
A Mark 2 variant for post capella campaigns
The Bomber variant as shown in the intro of FS1
A HTL of the default Apollo

download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?vpc2wv48otduf22
needs a recent nightly that supports PBR textures, said textures are also included as .png in higher resolution

screens of the prototype and mk 2 variants:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:50:52 am by fightermedic »
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Re: [Release] Apollo HTL and MK2, Prototype, Bomber variants
so much love there buddy
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Solatar

These look super good. I've always had trouble imagining the Apollo without that "slicey" cockpit. This is clearly what :V: meant it to look like.

+1 props to you for going the extra mile with the variants.  All three extra versions look really cool. :yes:

God dddddddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
COOL! the RCS is a nice touch.

[BUG REPORT] (I think, sorry in advance)

I did some play testing, and one thing came up-

I don't think this was intentional, but the gun banks on the standard Apollo are now divided Left-Right, as apposed to Top-bottom.

Having the disruptors stuck to one side kind-of makes disabling Omega 1 feel as hard as disabling Arjuna 1. . . and leading on with two different types of guns linked is nigh unpleasant
+ It's not retail gameplay-wise. . .

Not to be harsh, you/hades probably just missed It.

EDIT: The $Radar Image Size in the table provided Is set to 160. minor thing to fix, but still should be noted.

EDIT2: made post more noticeable.

EDIT3: same thing with missile banks, each bank used to have points on each side. dumbfires are much harder now.  :wtf:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:58:55 am by DefCynodont119 »
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline CKid

The Apollo finally gets the love it always deserved. What a beauty!  :pimp:
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

We are not worthy...we are not worthy...we....are we worthy?

Awesome stellar work!
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
I'll be in my bunk.

Can't wait to use this. Thank you for the hard work that it took to take on one of the most iconic FS ships and make it sexy without losing any of its identity.  :yes:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Feels like forever since the last retail upgrade got released, but goddamn this makes up for the wait ten times over. :yes:

Offline fightermedic

COOL! the RCS is a nice touch.

[BUG REPORT] (I think, sorry in advance)

I did some play testing, and one thing came up-

I don't think this was intentional, but the gun banks on the standard Apollo are now divided Left-Right, as apposed to Top-bottom.

Having the disruptors stuck to one side kind-of makes disabling Omega 1 feel as hard as disabling Arjuna 1. . . and leading on with two different types of guns linked is nigh unpleasant
+ It's not retail gameplay-wise. . .

Not to be harsh, you/hades probably just missed It.

EDIT: The $Radar Image Size in the table provided Is set to 160. minor thing to fix, but still should be noted.

EDIT2: made post more noticeable.

EDIT3: same thing with missile banks, each bank used to have points on each side. dumbfires are much harder now.  :wtf:
seems like i'll have to fix that, although the apollo actually makes more sense the way it is now :P
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Oh mah GOODNESS, these look beautiful! Why we don't pay you for what you do, I don't know.  ;)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
About the modelled thrusters: What is happening here is that when the engine renders modelled thrusters, the thruster geometry is distorted per frame to simulate thruster flickering. The engine does this by scaling said geometry along the z-Axis. The larger the thruster flame is, the more notable this effect becomes; if you look at the MediaVPs 2014's Medusa, the same effect is visible, but much less exaggerated since the actual thruster geometry is much smaller. In the Apollo model, the thrusters have their zero point at or near the model center, this would need to be reset so that their bounding box (which is what the engine uses to determine the size of the thrust subobject, and which is thus the determining factor in how much it will get distorted) covers only the actual geometry.

The other and likely easier solution is to add the "no thruster geometry noise" flag to the ship's table entry. This will completely disable the noisiness.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Anyone experianced corrupted rar? All files in subfolders seems to be broken. At least WinRAR say so :P.

Even with broken rar, I just admire it. I was sceptical to Hades' model when he started it, but the final result is outstanding. Kudos to both of ya, guys :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline fightermedic

About the modelled thrusters: What is happening here is that when the engine renders modelled thrusters, the thruster geometry is distorted per frame to simulate thruster flickering. The engine does this by scaling said geometry along the z-Axis. The larger the thruster flame is, the more notable this effect becomes; if you look at the MediaVPs 2014's Medusa, the same effect is visible, but much less exaggerated since the actual thruster geometry is much smaller. In the Apollo model, the thrusters have their zero point at or near the model center, this would need to be reset so that their bounding box (which is what the engine uses to determine the size of the thrust subobject, and which is thus the determining factor in how much it will get distorted) covers only the actual geometry.

The other and likely easier solution is to add the "no thruster geometry noise" flag to the ship's table entry. This will completely disable the noisiness.
alright, i will have a look how it looks with that flag, thank you :)

edit: looks too static now, hm, i have removed the modeled thrusters, the ship looks best with just oridinary thrusters as it is now
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 05:06:11 am by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline fightermedic

Anyone experianced corrupted rar? All files in subfolders seems to be broken. At least WinRAR say so :P.

Even with broken rar, I just admire it. I was sceptical to Hades' model when he started it, but the final result is outstanding. Kudos to both of ya, guys :yes:
just tested it, 7zip can decompress just fine, no idea about winrar,  i don't have it installed right now
maybe your download got corrupted? other people don't seem to have the problem too
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline fightermedic

updated the download
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:eek:

YES
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
For unknown reasons my WinRAR don't like the package, while 7zip loves it...

...as much as I love the updated Apollo :yes:. Gz, again. Alongside with Hatshepsut and Hades, this is one of the best HTLs I've ever seen.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Great work! I always thought the Apollo deserved more love and recognition. I'm glad you even thought about a post-Capella variant, this makes things easier.

Keep up the good work fightermedic (and other contributers), I'm eager to see what you'll make and release next.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 04:57:38 am by JCDNWarrior »
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Thank you very very much
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."