Author Topic: Configuring CH Throttle and Fighterstick for use with FSO, a little help?  (Read 1336 times)

Configuring CH Throttle and Fighterstick for use with FSO, a little help?
Evening all!

I've successfully figured out how to get FSO to work with my CH Products Pro Throttle and Fighterstick (merged the two into one controller in CH Manager), it recognizes all buttons and the axis on the Fighterstick, plus the throttle control works just fine.  The one issue I'm having is getting it to recognize the analog stick as an axis on the throttle.  Is it possible to get this stick working in FSO?  Ideally I'd like to use it as yaw control.  Does it boil down to FSO not recognizing axes beyond X, Y, and Z?  I noticed CH Manager lets me assign an R axis to it, but it doesn't seem like the game accepts input from the R axis.  Would it be possible to assign the stick as a digital input so that I can still assign a yaw button to it?

Another oddity I've noticed is that I assigned four buttons to up, down, left and right thrust but pressing them results in no thrust in the desired directions (still playing the tutorials, is it possible the tutorial ship doesn't have these thrusters?).  Any idea why?

I'm sure this won't be the last of my questions regarding setting these peripherals up, but what other advice can you offer to help a new guy out?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:16:51 pm by AttractMode »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Configuring CH Throttle and Fighterstick for use with FSO, a little help?
FSO should recognise 4x axes, on my cheap sticks it can see turn (X), pitch (Y), twist (Z) & throttle (RX).

By default, none of the player flyable ships in Freespace2 have up/down/left/right thrusters. Some mods & total conversions (TCs, like Wings of Dawn or Diaspora) use them.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...