Author Topic: Nightly: 04 October 2016 - Revision 778cb6f  (Read 3461 times)

Offline SirKnightly

• George or Keira?
Nightly: 04 October 2016 - Revision 778cb6f
Here is the nightly for 04 October 2016 - Revision 778cb6f

Group: Linux
nightly_20161004_778cb6f-builds-Linux.tar.gz
SHA1: 733e808d1209f680962cf13fe6c01d2bbea8bdad

Group: MacOSX
nightly_20161004_778cb6f-builds-MacOSX.tar.gz
SHA1: 5053b91072763f834004031b98acdb42e97edb01

Group: Win32
nightly_20161004_778cb6f-builds-Win32.zip
SHA1: 405dcb4eebe39dc55d66759ba02b74a0390f4738

Group: Win64
nightly_20161004_778cb6f-builds-Win64.zip
SHA1: 8595b5834166b939637fdb34d6bac83d78815f53

Code: [Select]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
commit a926147
Author: niffiwan <Mon Oct 3 22:31:56 2016 +1000>
Commit: niffiwan <Mon Oct 3 22:31:56 2016 +1000>

Add func def to .h & remove extern
 code/model/model.h         | 1 +
 code/model/modelinterp.cpp | 2 +-
 code/model/modeloctant.cpp | 3 ---
 code/model/modelread.cpp   | 1 -
 4 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

commit 484d810
Author: niffiwan <Mon Oct 3 12:22:57 2016 +1000>
Commit: niffiwan <Mon Oct 3 12:22:57 2016 +1000>

Cleanup some non-HTL code
 code/model/modelinterp.cpp | 23 +++--------------------
 code/model/modeloctant.cpp |  2 +-
 code/model/modelread.cpp   |  4 ++--
 3 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)

commit 2e59f68
Author: niffiwan <Mon Oct 3 09:35:28 2016 +1000>
Commit: niffiwan <Mon Oct 3 09:35:28 2016 +1000>

Fix Coverity 1363382
 code/hud/hudmessage.cpp | 5 +++--
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

commit 45ae61d
Author: asarium <Sun Oct 2 23:25:53 2016 +0200>
Commit: asarium <Sun Oct 2 23:25:53 2016 +0200>

Remove unused function
 code/sound/ffmpeg/FFmpegAudioReader.cpp | 6 ------
 code/sound/ffmpeg/FFmpegAudioReader.h   | 2 --
 2 files changed, 8 deletions(-)

commit 66b62ee
Author: asarium <Sun Oct 2 19:45:40 2016 +0200>
Commit: asarium <Sun Oct 2 19:52:52 2016 +0200>

Fix ADPCM with older FFmpeg versions
 code/sound/ffmpeg/FFmpegAudioReader.cpp | 51 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 code/sound/ffmpeg/FFmpegAudioReader.h   |  7 +++++
 code/sound/ffmpeg/WaveFile.cpp          |  7 +++--
 code/sound/ffmpeg/WaveFile.h            |  5 ++++
 4 files changed, 63 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Nightly: 04 October 2016 - Revision 778cb6f
Music playback is broken, but apparently in-mission only. The first couple of seconds of music loops and repeats. If it's ambiance, it simply repeats. If it's battle, it repeatedly switches through all the battle tracks after a couple of seconds in each.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 02:28:35 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline m!m

Which mod? I tested the FS2 mainhall and the BP2 mainhall and everything seemed to be working fine.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
but apparently in-mission only.

:P

The stock FS2 music tracks are the only ones I've tried so far, though.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline m!m

Ok, I'll take a look at that.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I think a safe bet would be that something is causing the in-mission tracks to end almost immediately after they start. Maybe something's been buggered with the timings by the new code?

Offline m!m

I can't reproduce it with the few missions I tested. In which does this happen and do I need the MediaVPs?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Mediavps, yes. I was playing Derelict.

Offline m!m

I think I can reproduce this, I'll check if it was happening before to make sure that the last few changes actually caused this issue.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Reproducible in around the same point of time. Noticeable after about five minutes of mission time. I think it glitches out after changing tracks too many times. I'll try a different mission.

[EDIT] Did not get the problem in a different mission, but the music was the same.

Also... is it just me or do beams now have mass? They seem to have a kinetic effect on capships now when they get hit.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:25:51 pm by Cobra »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Another issue: I don't know how far back it goes, but AI orders have been heavily b0rked for the past few nightlies. Latest instance: the first mission in War in Heaven 1 has the Boanerges and Rhea bombers firing Cyclops warheads at extreme range, around 5km, to the point where the torpedoes' lifespan runs out before they even get halfway (which also suggests the AI can now lock on and fire torpedoes well outside the Cyclops' range). Then the bombers and fighters continued to mill about in one area, with the bombers continuing to fire bombs which pull 90 degree turns immediately after firing. I still occasionally find enemy fighters ****ing off to nowhere in particular and require cheats to kill because they constantly use afterburner to get wherever it is they think they need to go. Wingmen given the initial order in FRED to form on my wing absolutely refuse to engage any targets when they did before.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 04:20:10 pm by Cobra »

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Also... is it just me or do beams now have mass? They seem to have a kinetic effect on capships now when they get hit.
Beams have always had mass... beam code hasn't been changed in a while, either.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Beams have always had mass... beam code hasn't been changed in a while, either.

Definitely odd. I've never seen capships literally get pushed around by beams until now. This was present in at least the 9/30 nightly.

That's odd, because I've pretty much always seen it with smaller warships and freighters.

Offline m!m

@Cobra: I have done a few more tests and, as far as I can tell, the rapid changing of battle music has also been present before (at least in the mission I tested). There are some clipping issues that I'll have to fix but that's another issue. What mission have you been testing that showed this bug?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The Sept. 30th build seems to be working for me on this.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
The Sept. 30th build seems to be working for me on this.

Yeah, that's the build I fell back to and played the mission over with and had no issues.

@Cobra: I have done a few more tests and, as far as I can tell, the rapid changing of battle music has also been present before (at least in the mission I tested). There are some clipping issues that I'll have to fix but that's another issue. What mission have you been testing that showed this bug?

Takes place in Memento Mori. Always after I take down the group of 4 cruisers, which is usually after the 5 minute mark. If it's happening before, I didn't hear it over battle sounds.
How can this be mission-specific, though?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Ooh, another issue discovered in Blue Planet. In War in Heaven 1's third mission command brief (which is the most prominent example), the voice files play from somewhere other than the 0:00:00 mark. In the first page, the "GT" of "GTVA" is skipped; and in the second, at least two or three words are skipped before you actually hear anything. This is present in the 10/5 nightly, as well.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 06:21:34 pm by Cobra »

Offline m!m

I am aware of this issue and I have already fixed it (but I haven't published the fix yet). I'm currently tracking down another annoying bug related to this so hopefully the fix should be ready soon.

EDIT: All bugs should be fixed now and once PR #1005 is merged the changes will be in master as well.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:30:24 am by m!m »

Offline m!m

The fixes have been merged and should now appear in the next nightly build.