Author Topic: [PREVIEW] The Lost Generation - Ashcroft  (Read 6012 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Reality is the finest flesh...
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: [PREVIEW] The Lost Generation - Ashcroft
Will this be on knossos when it comes out?

Yes, I hope to make it so
"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

but cant you not release 9 mission demo first nine its done

Offline 0rph3u5

• Steam
    • Twitter
but cant you not release 9 mission demo first nine its done

Considering what still needs to be done, an incomplete release is unnecessary.

What's currently holding me back is actually more personal preference than actual obstacles (it's a really hot and humid summer where I live... not helped by the fact that my apartment gets all the sunshine during the day and my PC can easily work as a space heater even when running FSO*)

*Thanks, Nvidia.
"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline 0rph3u5

• Steam
    • Twitter
I have good news and I have bad news:

First, the bad news - I will delay The Lost Generation - Ashcroft for a little bit longer.

Now, the good news - I will release it alongside The Lost Generation - Jarin.

The first five missions of TLG -Ashcroft don't appear because for testing purposes they have their own campaign file.

The reason for this is, that I spend most of last week trimming the fat in the script for TLG - Jarin, cutting it down to the essentials, which is 6 missions proper and one mission for the Epilogue. This trimming down also meant, that I cut down on the assets required, bringing it back to a few larger asteroids and a Shivan stationary object that is not the CommNode. More on that in seperate threat when the time is ripe.

Creatively it will also mean that I can work on some low intensity stuff, while keeping TLG - Ashcroft in view. To be real here for a second, I mostly didn't work on Mission 10 and 11 because they are both require a lot of focus and attention, so much so that I just wanted to get away from them... And since I keep a ban on playing new Freespace-content in place (so I don't see something cool and try to emulate that for unproductive days on end), I didn't get away from them enought - all that caused a small vicious circle of unproductivity...
Now all that is going to end. Period.

"You will know the Destroyers of All Things by their shape, for it is the First Shape." - 37th Aphorism of the Light
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 11:38:10 pm by 0rph3u5 »