Author Topic: RELEASE: The Aftermath Reboot  (Read 162924 times)

Offline Iido

Re: RELEASE: The Aftermath Reboot
Um...after the update last night, my save is gone... I'm using the same profile but all my progress is gone, it's starting me over from the beginning. Is this intentional? Playing Knossos version.

EDIT: NVM I switched back to version 1.0.0 and they're still there, whew.

Any way I can play the new ending with my current save?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 01:31:15 pm by Iido »

Um...after the update last night, my save is gone... I'm using the same profile but all my progress is gone, it's starting me over from the beginning. Is this intentional? Playing Knossos version.

EDIT: NVM I switched back to version 1.0.0 and they're still there, whew.

Any way I can play the new ending with my current save?

I myself got that "update" too. The most recent build was locked for me but could switch back to 1.0.0. Aftermath2 is also locked out for me. Tried to reinstall but to no avail

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
What does "locked out" mean? That doesn't make any sense.

The new save is probably because between when Aftermath was first uploaded to Knossos and the update, the campaign filename was changed. When I put these up on Knossos, it's a direct copy of the most recent updated files from Herkie.

EDIT: Confirmed. Version 1.0.0 has the campaign file named "the aftermath.fc2" and the update renamed it to "af1.fc2".
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 03:10:17 pm by mjn.mixael »
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

What does "locked out" mean? That doesn't make any sense.

The new save is probably because between when Aftermath was first uploaded to Knossos and the update, the campaign filename was changed. When I put these up on Knossos, it's a direct copy of the most recent updated files from Herkie.

I think I worded it wrong. The update caused the "FSO is not there" bug when I applied it. I could not even reinstall it

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You couldn't reinstall what? You can't reinstall FSO or you can't reinstall Aftermath? I can't help if you don't give me complete information.

You couldn't reinstall what? You can't reinstall FSO or you can't reinstall Aftermath? I can't help if you don't give me complete information.

Aftermath2 itself. I uninstalled Aftermath2 and tried to reinstall it after the mod refused to run once this update was applied. The reinstall did not work and the "FSO is missing" bug came up. The same thing happened with the latest Aftermath1 version. 1.0.0 apparently still runs though

The update was for both Aftermath1 & 2. I applied it and all that came up was the "done" notification. No files were DLed

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Sounds like you need to make sure you have FSO build 19.0 installed. Find the 'FSO' mod in the explore tab and go to Details. Then in the top left, navigate to the version 19.0 and click Install.

You may also need to set your preferred engine stability to Stable in your Knossos settings.

Sounds like you need to make sure you have FSO build 19.0 installed. Find the 'FSO' mod in the explore tab and go to Details. Then in the top left, navigate to the version 19.0 and click Install.

You may also need to set your preferred engine stability to Stable in your Knossos settings.

The thing is I have all 3 19.0 builds installed. Aftermath2 was running just fine for me using 19.0 until the update ruined it. Aftermath 1.1.0 also will not run even when I switch it to a 19.0 FSO. Matter of fact, I have every FSO on knossos still installed
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 03:34:55 pm by CapellaGoBoom »

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Did you actually check, though? You mentioned you have 3 19.0 builds installed. Are those the RCs? RCs won't work. You need to have 19.0 stable. I tested installing both Aftermath and Aftermath2 on a separate machine from Knossos and both work correctly. You have something misconfigured. The mod and it's updates are not the problem.

Did you actually check, though? You mentioned you have 3 19.0 builds installed. Are those the RCs? RCs won't work. You need to have 19.0 stable. I tested installing both Aftermath and Aftermath2 on a separate machine from Knossos and both work correctly. You have something misconfigured. The mod and it's updates are not the problem.

Is there a way to get 19.0 onto knossos using file explorer? I tried looking for the stable build in knossos but it is not listed in FSO, only RCs are there

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Or you could follow the steps I've posted above.

Well it looks like I am out of luck. Whatever that update was ruined me with Aftermath. Even wx will not cooperate (turns out I still have it in my FS directory, just forgot it was there). Thanks for helping me either way

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Well it looks like I am out of luck. Whatever that update was ruined me with Aftermath. Even wx will not cooperate (turns out I still have it in my FS directory, just forgot it was there). Thanks for helping me either way

:wtf:

Literally your only problem is that you don't have FSO 19.0. The update did not cause that. I have explained steps in previous posts on how to fix it, but you refuse to follow them for some reason...

If course wxL won't work. Knossos uses a completely different file structure and wxL wouldn't recognize it.

I don't understand why you won't do what I've said to fix your problem...

:wtf:

Literally your only problem is that you don't have FSO 19.0. The update did not cause that. I have explained steps in previous posts on how to fix it, but you refuse to follow them for some reason...

If course wxL won't work. Knossos uses a completely different file structure and wxL wouldn't recognize it.

I don't understand why you won't do what I've said to fix your problem...

I actually did look in the FSO mod. 19.0 could not be found anywhere for me. I only found the RCs. I switched over to stable in the settings section then went back to FSO in the explore tab to see if that would do it. Only the 3.8 builds were there.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It's there. You just missed it.

It's there. You just missed it.

Let me show you my exploration FSO. Stable 19.0 is not there on mine for some ridiculous reason. I understand it is there but my knossos will not show it to me. I have tried everything I can think of but it will not show me 19.0. I am sorry for coming off as uncooperative but I did try to do what you advised me to do. I just didn't type it out in our convo and I should have done that. This was taken on my mobile because I don't think my printscrn key cooperated with me. That or I looked in the wrong place because I don't take screens very often

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So like I said earlier. I can't help if you don't give me all the information. At this point, I can confidently say your issue is not with Aftermath or the Aftermath updates so stop blaming them. The updates set a required build because anything newer than 19.0 crashes Aftermath. The updates fixed Aftermath.

The questions I'm left with from your screenshot are this. Is that a picture of the list from the HOME tab or the EXPLORE tab because they will be different. Also, is your Knossos updated to 0.14? Not RC, but full 0.14.

So like I said earlier. I can't help if you don't give me all the information. At this point, I can confidently say your issue is not with Aftermath or the Aftermath updates so stop blaming them. The updates set a required build because anything newer than 19.0 crashes Aftermath. The updates fixed Aftermath.

The questions I'm left with from your screenshot are this. Is that a picture of the list from the HOME tab or the EXPLORE tab because they will be different. Also, is your Knossos updated to 0.14? Not RC, but full 0.14.

You are right. I screwed up and should not have blamed the mod for that. Anyway that screen is from my explore tab. I assure you. My knossos is also full 0.14. It is not some RC. Should I try another install of knossos?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:51:46 pm by CapellaGoBoom »

If you're not using the most recent install of Knossos (0.14.RC4) you should try that first.

If you're not using the most recent install of Knossos (0.14.RC4) you should try that first.

Got to the github and there is a stable RC4 release from 29 days ago. I will try the update installer since I currently have knossos hooked up

UPDATE: well...looks like the update worked and I have just DLed stable 19.0. I feel like a damn fool for not thinking of this before  :banghead: Mix again I am very sorry for acting like a massive idiot and not being more transparent. I will not be doing that anymore. As of right now I am putting Aftermath2 back on and 1 works properly now. Thanks again for the help
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 11:10:52 pm by CapellaGoBoom »