Author Topic: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)  (Read 24959 times)

Re: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)
Is retail FS2 Alpha One ever confirmed as a character in BP canon?

I heard that it could be Al'fadil, and there is certainly a lot of data to back up that assumption. But as far as I am aware, Al'fadil was never canonized in BP as the squadron commander for the 70th Blue Lions, at the time of the Capella supernova.

It's also possible that Steele could be FS2 Alpha One - but again, I cannot find any hard data that confirms this. Only that he was a pilot in the second Shivan incursion, who then transitioned to warship command.

It's somewhat relevant to a campaign I am building.
"Obviously the meson bomb is a form of cat-toast-device, with the buttered toast inverted, so that the cat and toast both fly in the direction of gravity much faster than expected. By introducing artificial gravity, a pair of cat-toast perpetual motion accelerator units can be made to collide with one another, and they produce an unimaginably devastating explosion. Both cats are named 'Meson'."

- Wikileaks 2383

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Twitter
It's also possible that Steele could be FS2 Alpha One - but again, I cannot find any hard data that confirms this. Only that he was a pilot in the second Shivan incursion, who then transitioned to warship command.

Steele is not FS2 Alpha One. Yes, he was SOC during the second incursion, but he was wounded during it; Alpha One, as far as we know, never got so much as a scratch :)
**** every cause that ends in murder and children crying. ― Iain Banks
Join the fun at the HLP IRC channel. Get the latest spam and gossip as long as it's fresh!

I was wondering the other day if the Vishnans have more than one goal.

The goals of the Shivans are explained "clearly" in Universal Truth 2:
"secondary: selective pressure for resumption of panontic function." -> The Brahmans created the Panontos. Only species that cooperate should give a new cosmic order.

"secondary: suppression of destructive firewall strategies": -> The universe is a "computer". The subspace was calculated to create computing capacities. Defect hegemonies seal off areas of the universe, including subspace. The two objectives are therefore to cull or redirect xenocidal species.

"PRIMARY: imperate! metastatic ontovoric acatalepsis event!" -> Avert the Great Darkness.

We don't have telemetry data on the Vishnans. In this thread it was only clarified that the Vishnans are looking for a successor for the Brahamns. This corresponds to the secondary goal of the Shivans. So my question is whether the Vishnans also have a higher ranking goal and whether it also has to do with the Great Darkness.

Offline Abaddon

• Behind you, pilot!
Does the GTVA have some kind of beam-jammer-defeating device either in development or already deployed? It seems like it would be the perfect secret weapon, for Delenda Est on an even greater scale -- take some strategic losses, bait out a Solaris into an AWACS/jamming-based assault, then boom, turns out the Serkr corvettes can circumvent the jamming somehow.
There are four types of critics:
  (1)  People who reflexively criticize any idea (contrarians)
  (2)  People who enjoy making you suffer (sadists)
  (3)  People who are angry for no good reason (nuts)
  (4)  People with valid criticisms (bastards)
- S. A.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
ECM is a constant arms race. The Tev ECM defeat capability is always being upgraded and so are the UEF's countermeasures.

Offline Aesaar

You can see the Marcus Glaive half-defeating beam jamming in the Tenebra intro, where it misses the Eris with two of its beams and hits with one.