Author Topic: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)  (Read 141236 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Re: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)
Hi there!

Thank you for the heads up, this is why I put it up here first since I figured I might make a mistake or too :-) I have actually just finished editing it based on some of the earlier feedback, so i will amend it again with your input, thank you.

Re "while act 3 is without voice acting but other technicals could be changed underway." Does this mean act 3 is being worked on again? If so I'll add that act 3 may be improved in future. :-)

Re the videos. I scoured YouTube and these were the best ones I could find. If there are more up-to-date ones showing off the newer eye candy then I would love to use those instead....thinks for a moment...I may have a plan  ;7

Thanks for the proof-reading too BTW :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi people, I have a favour to ask, both for the article I'm writing, and to aid me in my capacity as the HLP social media chappie.

Does anyone have a link to the Blue Planet Cut scenes in full 1080P 60FPS (or above) with all the newest candy turned on, such as shadows HDR and PBR effects? If so would you be happy to share them so I can add them to the article and use them for HLP promo purposes? If no such links / footage exists - could someone record said footage, or tell me how I might do it myself?

In particular I am looking for the opening cut scene of WiH 1, the opening cut scene from WiH2 and the end credits cut scene from WiH 1 (From when the Blue Planet War in Heaven title screen appears and the song starts playing - I'm trying to avoid spoilers  :) )

Basically sexier versions of these:

War in Heaven Act 2 Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-QwvR77FaQ
War in Heaven Act 3 Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqHtPh4geHA
WiH 1 End Credits:
https://youtu.be/qCsgA6acNJY?t=783

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
It's more about the fact that from what I've seen, BP team made some minor changes to AoA and WiH acts 1 and 2 while making/implementing the Director's Cut upgrade, and act 3 was partially rebuilt (modified contents of dreamscape dialogues, optional training sequences added before missions, some mission tweaks ect.), so there is a possibility that Tenebra will get a couple more tweaks when some kind of early version of complete act 4 comes out.
Also, I had to stop reading after a couple pages because RL - so I can't "proof-read" the article right now (and I'm really not qualified to be considered knowledgeable about article writing), so more of my opinions will come some time later.
Besides, don't you think it would be more accessible to people if you ask for such content in some other topic, i.e. some of yours dedicated for social media related matters?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi again all! I have taken the feedback onboard and created a second draft, which fixes a few errors and tones down my gushing a bit ;-) Feel free to take a look.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline Tyriant

By the end of bp3, what are the fates of the various factions (terrans, vasudans, shivans, vishnans)

Offline CT27

Can post the link to this thread on another forum (on there there are a number of fans of BP)?

Let me start off by saying that I know that this is the "wrong" thread for my question and I apologize for that.  However, this one seems to get the most activity, so if my question can't be answered here, please direct me to where I can post it in order to get an answer.

My question....

I have the Blue Planet Complete mod loaded on Knossos 0.13.3.  I have been able to play all of the games, AoA, WiH 1 and WiH 2.  They are GREAT!!!   However, when I try to play FreeSpace Blue, I get the following error:

Unknown radar range: -1!
File: radarsetup.cpp

Line: 487

I am able to load the campaign, go through the first briefing and when I select to start the first Training Mission, I get this error.  I try to click on Debug but nothing happens.

I have also run the "Verify File Integrity" to no avail.

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.  I look forward to re-playing the original FreeSpace with all of the "Blue" enhancements.

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 06:36:59 pm by thomasj_tx »

you can just post it in a new topic on this board and it'll get seen to
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline CT27

How long after BP2 does BP3 take place?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Isn't it all dated in the cutscenes and tech room?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Isn't it all dated in the cutscenes and tech room?

For BP3 as well?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Probably 18 weeks, maybe 18 days.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam

Probably 18 weeks, maybe 18 days.

wait, BP1 was 18 years after FS2, the UEF-GTVA war is 18 months long, right? (I might be wrong on that) so 18 weeks for BP3? 

I think I'm sensing a pattern. .   :nervous:
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Tyriant

Will the shivanpocalypse in bp3 be countered by a vishnanpocalypse?

Any status on Solaris and 1st Fleet wrt to the War perspective?
Why arent the Fedayeen using the CASSANDRA for the predictions? Why didnt Al Da'wa push CASSANDRA to limits and tell that Calder was about to die?

IIRC, all the time, it was told that the loss of a Solaris class Destroyer would be a major loss for UEF. The destruction of the Toutatis is a blow, why wasn't it tried to stop? Why didn't Laporte advise Calder that Steele was a mind messer?

If Al Da'wa had planned well along with LKFV, like in Tenebra, they could have used the experimental weapons and tech to turn the tide of the war. Why didnt that happen?

How is the sanctuary involved with Shambhala? What happened to the civilians on board the Sanctuary?
Why arent the shivans getting involved and entering the GTVA space?

Does Shambhala use GTVA Tech?

Can i please have answers to these questions?
Requiescat in pace

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Orestes control said "Our weapons pierced the Lucifer's shields..." or words to that effect. Does this mean the Orestes' beam weapons ignored the lucifer's shields in the same way AAA beams ignore a fighter or bombers shields, or was it a case that they battered the Lucifer's shields with sheer firepower until they discharged, as fighter's weapons on other fighters shields?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Beams pierce shields is an established thing.

Which line was it you recall me saying?

Quote from: tactical dekker
Alpha wing! Hit your burners and intercept enemy bombers at will. Do not engage the SD Hyde. We'll deal with the destroyer ourselves.”

“We've got major damage to systems shipwide! Hull breaches in several sections!”

“Recharging jump engines for subspace entry. Estimate optimal charge in ten minutes time.”

“All personnel, evacuate to escape pods! Abandon ship, I repeat, abandon ship!”

“Orestes control to unknown ships, identify yourselves immediately!”

“Commander Bei? The Temeraire? We lost contact with your ships when you left to apprehend the GTC Duke. What the hell happened out there?”

“Shivan forces ambushed us in Ross 128 after we attempted to follow the Temeraire into the system. We retreated back into Delta Serpentis where we were boxed in by the Lucifer.”

“We're making our stand here, but the planet's gravity well prevents us from escaping very far if we should fail to drive off the Lucifer.”

“Every time we gain the upper hand against the Lucifer, the destroyer jumps out and repairs herself for another attack. We need you to either take out the Lucifer's engines or go for each of the reactors for a killing blow.”

“Success! The Lucifer is going down! I repeat, the Lucifer is going down.”

“Commander Bei, the GTD Orestes and her ships are in your and your allies' debt. Without your timely interference, our survival would have surely been uncertain.”

“Commander, we're not detecting any life signs from your fighter.”

“Oh my God...”

“The Lucifer has escaped! All fighters, return to base immediately. We need to get out of here pronto before the superdestroyer returns!”

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

But I thought the whole deal about beams is that they're particles accelerated to relativistic speeds... something the Lucifer was supposed shielded against (unless that was just Battutas head canon, not BP related).

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Relativistic plasma in a magnetic bottle. If I had to guess, I'd say there's probably some interaction between shields and the bottle that allows beams to penetrate.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Is there any "official" BP explination for shields yet? I have a personal explination for that but it belongs rather into the headcanon thread.