Author Topic: debugging Irkalla Passes for CT27  (Read 12076 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: debugging Irkalla Passes for CT27
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, I'm stumped.  The subsystem strengths were fine, according to the checkpoint save file.  The departure cue fired, as evidenced by the fact that the Khitteb actually has an entry in the file.  The ship should have departed.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:bump:

One thing I can do is explicitly make the ship warp out using an ai-warp-out goal.  This change will be in the next update.

Offline CT27

Good news and bad news.

Good-I tried this path of the campaign again and the Khitteb jumps out.

Bad-Now the Pallas is the one that just sits there.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:wtf:

Are you using the latest version?  Are you using the version from the FSO Installer or from Knossos?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Also try using this version of the mission:

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline CT27

I used the version on the Installer.  It said 1.4. 

Also FYI, this was playing on the secondary campaign file provided (that starts at the path split point) on the ISF path.

Offline CT27

Also, I went in the tech room and used Ctrl-Shift-S to see all missions to try and test what you gave me out.  However, there's only the GTVA path mission of "Irkalla Passes" available.

FYI, I remember when I first beat this campaign a couple years ago, the GTVA path of "Irkalla Passes" worked fine...it's only the ISF path version that has this trouble for me.  Honestly, I like the GTVA path a little better so if you can't get the ISF path fixed it's not a huge problem.  I do appreciate the effort you're putting into this though.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 10:08:52 pm by CT27 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Also, I went in the tech room and used Ctrl-Shift-S to see all missions to try and test what you gave me out.  However, there's only the GTVA path mission of "Irkalla Passes" available.

I guess it only lists the missions in the first fork.  But that shouldn't matter because "Irkalla Passes" is a single mission that is used, with only minor changes, for both branches.  Just plop it into scroll/data/missions, restart the game, and then resume the campaign in the Ready Room.

FYI, I remember when I first beat this campaign a couple years ago, the GTVA path of "Irkalla Passes" worked fine...it's only the ISF path version that has this trouble for me.  Honestly, I like the GTVA path a little better so if you can't get the ISF path fixed it's not a huge problem.  I do appreciate the effort you're putting into this though.  Thanks.

You're welcome.  I must say, though, it's a mystery why those ships don't all jump out.  The mission is almost entirely the same regardless of which path you come from.  It works for me and I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem.

Offline CT27

It worked!

I played through the ISF branch (using the decision point campaign file) and the GTVA branch (on my main pilot for this campaign) and in both all ships jumped out okay. 

Whatever you did, thanks! :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You're welcome. :)

I did two things, actually.  I removed the departure cues from those ships, and I cleared their goals just before they were supposed to depart.

Would you mind doing some additional testing for me?  I attached two more versions of that mission, each with a just one of the two modifications.  Could you test both of these and tell me which version fixes the problem?

Note: Remember to rename the files to sa_m2_01.fs2 when you do your tests so that the game properly loads it as part of the campaign!

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Offline CT27

"Clear Goals" works and all ships were able to jump out.

(I will test the other one later but I just wanted to post this while it's still fresh in my mind)

EDIT:  I just tested "Removed Cues".  It's not perfect but it works.  What I mean is all ships except the Halifax jumped out.  However, since you get the 'save Halifax' secondary objective before it jumps out Command told me I saved it in the debriefing.  So this version of the mission isn't technically perfect but it still works kind of and I was able to progress.

EDIT2:  Just to be sure, I tried the mission file that had both fixes in it again (the download link you gave a few posts ago before this recent one with two files), and it still worked fine with all ships jumping out.  I think I'll keep that one in place for now if that's okay.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 07:28:52 pm by CT27 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's ... strange.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this.  And none of the changes I made affected the Halifax in any way.

However, I'll include these changes in the next version of Scroll, so that anyone who may have had your problem but didn't post will still be able to play.