Author Topic: Radar glitch and plr file  (Read 559 times)

Radar glitch and plr file
Hi,

Had a search around but can't seem to find a resolution that's viable for me - previous solutions have let the player make their wait the hud options in debug but it crashes at the start for me. Using Knossos.

Error: Player file has invalid radar range -1
File: plr.cpp
Line: 143

log: https://fsnebula.org/log/5aeed9e1cb8db12a786227cc

I'm only at the training levels so I'm happy to reset the player profile but I can't seem to find a way to do that?

Thank you for any help in advance!

Re: Radar glitch and plr file
Solved, deleted .plr file in /appdata.

to clarify, in case someone else has this trouble....
it took me about 3 hours tonight to fix.    program kept crashing before I could even select a pilot.  Error message:
Player file has invalide radar range -1
File : plr.cpp
Line 143

the problem is a corrupted player file.
I think I caused this when I tried to change the colors in my HUD.

Solution:
delete your player file (yourname.plr) located HERE:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen\data\players

This is not intuitive, since I had expected the player data to be here:
C:\Games\Freespace 2\data\players\single      - but it is NOT.

Good luck ! once I deleted my plr file the game works again.  So I'll be sure to clone my pilot from now on in case I have to delete one again.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
Solution:
delete your player file (yourname.plr) located HERE:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen\data\players

This is not intuitive, since I had expected the player data to be here:
C:\Games\Freespace 2\data\players\single      - but it is NOT.

To clarify this. The root game folder is used, if you run FSO with portable mode.
which i personally prefer, if you do not use a protected system folder for your games anyway
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 05:15:46 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.

Responsible for the german translation project FreiRaum - FreeSpace auf Deutsch.
Also responsible for the Nova Upgrade Project, which upgrades and fix older campaigns to make them play- and solveable again with current builds and MediaVPs.

Release List:
German Translations:
Between the Ashes 1, FreeSpace Port, Silent Threat: Reborn, The Destiny of Peace, Awakenings & Deneb III.

Nova Upgrades:
A Walk in the Sun, Into the Halls of Valhalla, Luyten Civil War, Renegade Resurgence, Rogues!, Storm Front Saga, The Deuterium Connection & Venice Mirror.