Author Topic: [RELEASE] Ugly Kitbashed Stuff Pack  (Read 6349 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
[RELEASE] Ugly Kitbashed Stuff Pack
Yeee, so...

There was a project. Yeah, a project! Short one, FS1-themed, classic etc. Won't go further into details because no mod, no progress, no plans, no whatever. I was working on some models for this mod and we decided with co-author that we will make this using lower poly, community available assets to avoid neverending asset development... And as you all know I'm lazy, busy and generally not a kind guy. This mod won't happen, so I see no reason why I should keep those uglies exclusive. Ya know the drill.

So here is the dump!

What it contains? Mostly models by other people, like Moonred, Scooby_Doo, Trashman, Raven and possibly others adopted to post-GW Sol scenario. Some terran models, some Ancients, some reskins, some variants, some semi-HTLs of older existing ships etc. Even somekind of ugly HTL of c914's Morana kitbashed from HTL Hades. Some of them are really old, but nothing below mid-poly standard. All with baked textures. Everything is usable, some of them even have tables, some of them have polgrish tech descriptions but I cannot guarantee if you find anything that look better than "not that terrible". And of course, nothing is tested at all :D

Wait! What?! Why Nyx is doing ugly stuff again? Why can't he keep any quality standards and instead he keep releasing piles of bull***t one after another? Good question! The answer is even better: I already released everything from this project that is pretty, like Corybant and Silenus from ASW3 dump, HTL Bellerophon and finally one of my most beloved children - The Vali.

Use at your discretion... Or not! Because I don't even care! Whatever you find usable may be used in your upcoming glorious FS mods.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Re: [RELEASE] Ugly Kitbashed Stuff Pack
Yummy, content~ :)

I like this stuff. Any words what the mod was about? The Draugr looks like the GTF Nymph from Twist of Fate.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Thanks for your kind donation to he community model pool.  :yes:

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Yummy, content~ :)

I like this stuff. Any words what the mod was about? The Draugr looks like the GTF Nymph from Twist of Fate.
Sol divided on multiple factions [yeah, again!], no shivans... But with Ancients.

It's SolCommand's model. Droid converted it independently long time ago. Longer variant was supposed to be heavy fighter for one of factions.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Thanks for your kind donation to he community model pool.  :yes:

Seconded
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

You might change the description of this, even if this aren't your best models (or are you just being ironic :p), they're pretty good and useful :nod:
Just think that people won't  DL only because you said they were ugly...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 03:48:45 pm by Nightmare »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
You might change the description of this, even if this aren't your best models (or are you just being ironic :p), they're pretty good and useful :nod:
Just think that people won't  DL only because you said they were ugly...
As I mentioned, I don't really care :P

I hate being serious... But okay, I can be this time. I consider everything in this pack as medium quality stuff but those are still decent enough to be useful and worth to be released. Lots of this models may fill certain niches in GW and Reconstruction era mods or alternate stories. HTL Achilles from TVWP and GTFr Quirinus would be especially useful due to lack of utility FS1-themed ships. GTD Atropos, GTFg Gefjon, SCC Vanir along with Bellerophon may form fully functional GW-themed, terran fleet alternate to Hecate, Deimos and Aeolus. In short this pack is perfect for something like Twist of Fate.

And Chryssi! This is the best part of this pack. I always liked Achladia and Odigitria, but I always imagined Ancient fleet differently than ASW did, so with previously released Ancient models and Moires, I have full Ancient fleet that resembles Knossos parts.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I've spent the last few days wikifying the contents of this dump, detailed below for your viewing pleasure. Good shopping :]

==============================================================================================================

HTL TI Achilles

==============================================================================================================

HTL TB Atlas

Upgraded GTD Atropos

AD Chryssi, based on the HLCv Duat.

TF Talos, a HTL of the original INFR1 Claymore with kitbashed Loki maps.

HTL GTB Danaus

Draugr 1 and 2, two fighters based on SolCommand's Ghoul model.

GTCv Gefjon, with two large missile launchers and a fighterbay.

GTB Nereus

A resmoothed and returreted Orion MK II

GTFr Quirinus, a smaller HTL of the GTFr Sizifus with two cargo containers

GTC Sigurd, a slightly modified GTC Garm.

GTF Theseus

SCC Vanir, a cruiser-sized HTL of the GTCv Morana using kitbashed Hades textures.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Have always loved that Gefjon and Nereus....

Jeez kids nowadays are spiked for choice 😂😂👍👍
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Impale The Zods

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Any chance of having the Vanir made to the original Morana size?  I'm using the corvette in FS: Augmented and a hi-poly upgrade (even if the turret layout is different) would be a benefit.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress

Impale The Zods

My phone, she autocorrected wrongly.....

:warp:
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Any chance of having the Vanir made to the original Morana size?  I'm using the corvette in FS: Augmented and a hi-poly upgrade (even if the turret layout is different) would be a benefit.

You can rescale ships in PCS2.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
And you can change the turret layout pretty easily in PCS2 as well. Pop on discord if you need any help with that stuff.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
You can rescale ships in PCS2.
Where do I control such things?

In the upper right corner is a button called "Transform". Click on that, than go to "Scale" in the opened window, there you can resize it. You can also rotate the object and change the centerpoint. Depending on where you do it, you can edit all stats (if you click on the button in the main window with the "mass" and MOI calculator), for the model/subobject if you select the "SubObjects" point on the left, or all other stats.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
OK.  I see that.  Thanks, but how will I know that I'm matching the size of the original properly?  The size controls seem to be relative rather than absolute.  Does this mean that I have to use trial and error to match the size of the original?

Yes, but a calculator does it too. Original is 487.6, new is 310.25 so you'd have to use a scale factor of aprox. 1.57.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Thanks for that.  I got it working.  Nice that it automatically re-positions subsystems, dockpoints, firepoints, subsystems and paths.  I did note that with the table file included, it references thruster bitmaps that aren't in the release, and I didn't find it in the media VPs.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Noice  :nod: :nod: :nod: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]