Author Topic: Knossos lighting pre-sets?  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Knossos lighting pre-sets?
Hi there!
I have just tried out Knossos and it seams pretty damn good so far, kudos to everyone involved.  :yes:

I do have a few questions however.

1)   Is there a way of using the lighting pre-sets as per wxlauncher?
2)   I noticed that some of the campaigns, such as STL and STL: Origins, use the old low-polly ship models. Is there a way of playing these campaigns with the new updated models, either on Knossos or wxlauncher?

Cheers :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Re: Knossos lighting pre-sets?
HI.

Since I asked myself the same about your first question, I will watch this thread to see if someone has an answer to that.

To question 2):

As far as I know, there is no way. When you create the campaign, you add the ships that are used there or combine your mod with another one with already existing models. So as long as no one "upgrades" the campaign and its mission/model files, there will always be same models. Theoretically you could go and open the mod to replace the models by hand, but this would mean almost every time you will also need to change the table files for the new models. And their might also be balancing issues in the missions if, for example, the new model has much more weapons points. So you would also have to take care of that.

TL;DR: There is no automatic way, you would need to do it by hand.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi Bomb3rman, thanks for the advice.

Re old models - I thought that would be the case, but it was worth an ask. Oh well, guess I'll have to make do with all the other eye-candy then  :P
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Regarding 1): The problem is that the old lighting presets aren't really useful anymore since most of the flags they used don't do anything in the new renderer. There was a thread about this but I can't find this ATM.
Once you have the flags from a lighting preset you want to use, you can just put them into the custom flags field for your global FSO settings (settings screen, bottom-right). Small caveat: You have to set your global FSO settings for each FSO version currently. I haven't figured out a way to make sure that these settings work with all current and future FSO versions.

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
2)   I noticed that some of the campaigns, such as STL and STL: Origins, use the old low-polly ship models. Is there a way of playing these campaigns with the new updated models, either on Knossos or wxlauncher?
The version currently on Knossos does not use the FSPort MVPs, but there is a version compatible with them which I'll upload soon.
Edit:  You can now update to STL 2.0.0, which is the FSCRP version and which uses the FSPort MVPs.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 10:20:30 pm by PIe »
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Thanks everyone! Its amazing that after almost 20 years the community is still working on FS, creating new mods and bringing old ones up-to-date. Keep up the good work!!!!