Author Topic: Cheat codes  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi there! Are they any cheat codes or similar that can be used with Freespace SCP and specifically Blue Planet? I have tried typing in www.freespace2.com in game but this just causes it to crash. Any ideas?
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

The cheat codes for FSO are the same as for retail. Don't know why the game crashes. If you're playing BP, maybe memory overload from loading all weapons? If not, you should post the error message and/or run a debug built.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Does it crash or just say it’s not responding? If the latter, just wait a couple moments.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
The Debug builds run with cheat mode enabled by default, here are all in-mission cheats:  (note how they all require the [~] key.)

Code: [Select]
~-Shift-C Toggle availability of countermeasures for all ships.

~-K Kill targeted ship.
Note: Actual function is to inflict 100 000 points of damage to target ship. Bypasses ship-guardian invulnerability.

~-Alt-Shift-K Do 10% damage to target.

~-Shift-K Destroy targeted subsystem on target.
Note: reported as now working in 3.6.16

~-Alt-K Do 10% damage to yourself.

~-I Toggle self-invincibility.

~-Shift-I Toggle invincibility of your target.

~-O Toggle Descent-style physics. This means that you have no inertia or momentum, your afterburners do nothing but jerk you to a halt instantly, and you can slide with the keypad +, -, 1 and 3 keys.
Note: This does not appear to work in Retail FreeSpace 2, but has been re-enabled by the SCP.

~-W The player has infinite weapon energy and missile ammunition.

~-Shift-W All ships have infinite weapon energy and missile ammunition.

~-C Toggles player collision detection, allowing you to pass through objects and ships.

~-U Launch an asteroid from the player's position.
Note: prior to 3.6.16 (including retail), this will cause a crash if there is no asteroid field in the mission.

~-G Mark all primary goals complete.

~-Shift-G Mark all secondary goals complete.

~-Alt-G Mark all bonus goals complete.

~-9 Cycle forward through ALL secondary weapons, including the Shivan and Vasudan ones and cruiser/destroyer only ones. This includes the Fusion Mortar, an anti-capital ship turret weapon that does not require a lock to be fired.

~-Shift-9 Cycle backwards through ALL secondary weapons
Note: This does not appear to work in Retail FreeSpace 2, but has been re-enabled by the SCP. In FreeSpace 1, it also for some reason allows
you to access primary weapons for your secondary banks.

~-0 Cycle forward through ALL primary weapons, including the Shivan and Vasudan ones and cruiser/destroyer only ones. This includes the Shivan Super Laser, AKA the Lucifer Weapon. This can kill a Demon at 6 kilometers in only a couple of shots, and can function as a sniping weapon in a dogfight to kill enemy fighters in a single hit.

~-Shift-0 Cycle backwards through ALL primary weapons.

~-r Issue Rearm order for current target, or player if there is no target.
Note: Doing this on an object with no engines will cause the game to bug up.

Mod-specific cheats aren't really a thing I'm afraid.

EDIT: kinda got Ninja'd but this should help nonetheless.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
It froze then the dreaded 'program has stopped responding' pop up happened. I'll try out the debug build, thank you. I'm trying to get a look at the Shivan introns with the cloaking devices, min-jumps, beam weapons etc, but I'm not good enough to play on the hardest settings and last more than a few mins before getting swatted like a fly ;-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Type arrrrwalktheplank in a mission.

Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It froze then the dreaded 'program has stopped responding' pop up happened. I'll try out the debug build, thank you. I'm trying to get a look at the Shivan introns with the cloaking devices, min-jumps, beam weapons etc, but I'm not good enough to play on the hardest settings and last more than a few mins before getting swatted like a fly ;-)

Just wait a few moments after that pop up appears. FSO can appear to hang while loading.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Even in retail there was always a weird little hang when you first enabled cheats.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Pirate galley off the port bow!  Load the plasma cannon balls! ;7

Thanks for the advice guys :-)