RELEASE: MediaVPs 3.8 - 12th of August 2018
Older Release post for 3.6.10 Here
Older Release post for 3.6.12 Here
Older Release post for 3.7.2 HereDiscussion Thread Located Here!
Step 1: Ensure you have a working installation of Freespace 2
The MediaVPs require a working installation of retail Freespace 2. If you do not have the retail Freespace 2, it can be purchased from Good Old Games
for ~$6-10 USD
Step 2: Get the latest SCP Build and LauncherMediaVPs 3.8 require an FSO build 3.8 or greater!
- Current Required Build is fs2_open 3.8 - Revision 62d178d
- Launchers, if you don't have one already:
- All platforms: Knossos (combined launcher/installer/mod store)
- All platforms: wxLauncher
- Both the fs2_open exe and Launcher exe should be placed in your root Freespace2 install folder. ie: "C:\Games\FreeSpace2"
- Note that this is a HIGHLY recommended place to put your FreeSpace2 files, especially on Vista/Win7.
- It's a good idea at this point to also copy fs2_open DEBUG exe into your root Freespace2 install folder in case you later on encounter problems you need to ask about on the forums. This is because the debug builds will create the all important "fs2_open.log" file in "user\appdata\HardLightProductions\FreeSpace2\data" that should always be included in such posts. For more information, please check (all posts!) in The Freespace Troubleshooting FAQ thread in the Freespace and Freespace Open Support Forum
Step 3: Download the 3.8 MediaVPs themselves![DOWNLOAD] - Use Knossos:
Click below to get started. The latest revision is 3.8.2.
If you want to manually install individual packages, first download this
and extract it to your Freespace2 directory. Then use the link above and click "No, but I know exactly what I'm doing and I just want download links
" and install those packages into the MediaVPs_38X folder. This method is not recommended for new players.Play and enjoy! Also, please report any bugs you come across to the FSU Mantis!
- Split MV_Assets into VPs by species
- Fix cruiser01x hitboxes
- Fix Nephilim bugs
- Add Fenris & Rakshasa wing icons
- Hi-poly Leviathan
- Fix many ship normals
- Fix Poseidon special point centers
- New glow point effects
- HUD improvements
- New planet effects
- Hi-poly Hippocrates
- Fix Hecate turret01 FOV
- Remove excess turrets from Typhon
- Fix Nephilim offset
- Hi-poly Bes
- Hi-poly VAC5
- Hi-poly Anuket
- Fix Ptah issues
- Hi-poly Edjo
- New asteroids
- Fix Sathans main beam turret centerpoint
- Replace ANIs with APNGs
- Add MV_Compatibility for mods
- Add Axem's 2_HUD (This may cause a double HUD for some mods. You can fix it by including an empty mv_root-hdg.tbm in your mod's files.)