Author Topic: High Resolution UI system  (Read 2915 times)

Offline Nightmare

Re: High Resolution UI system
It shouldn't be a problem anyway unless the game doesn't switch to low-res interface automatically.
Could be a problem in case somebody ever finishes the Android port though, don't know which resolution mobile devices use.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
It shouldn't be a problem anyway unless the game doesn't switch to low-res interface automatically.
Could be a problem in case somebody ever finishes the Android port though, don't know which resolution mobile devices use.

Current ones are actually also at Full HD, 2560x1080 or even 2K+ already.
Some older ones have maybe something like 720p or 900p... but 800x600? Actually i am not sure if there was ever a smartphone which such low resolution.

But because you should not develop an Android port with Android 5.0 or something in mind, i am not sure if there is any 720p mobile device that supports Android 7 or 8.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.

Responsible for the german translation project FreiRaum - FreeSpace auf Deutsch.
Also responsible for the Nova Upgrade Project, which upgrades and fix older campaigns to make them play- and solveable again with current builds and MediaVPs.

Release List:
German Translations:
Between the Ashes 1, FreeSpace Port, Silent Threat: Reborn & The Destiny of Peace.

Nova Upgrades:
A Walk in the Sun, Into the Halls of Valhalla, Luyten Civil War, Renegade Resurgence, Rogues!, Storm Front Saga, The Deuterium Connection & Venice Mirror

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Anims: 420, Cutscenes: 10, Mainhalls: 7, Logos: 52
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • Mix-Hai Productions
Retail resolution art is at 1024x768... greater than Bryan's 800x600.  :lol:
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - MixaelANITools - Between the Ashes - MjnMixael's Render Boutique - Mix-Hai Productions
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box - Photobucket Albums - Model Releases - Downloads
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem.
    • Twitter
Retail resolution art is at 1024x768... greater than Bryan's 800x600.  :lol:
Just saying in case you are amiss...
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Campaigns:
FreeSpace: Reunited - Shattered Stars

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Offline Nightmare

In case nothing else helps you can switch to the low-res retail interface with 640x480. ;)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Actually I thought 800x600 was supposed to use the low-res interface art, and the high res stuff kicks in at 1024x768.  For weird non-4:3 resolutions it's a little more complicated though, for instance I think 720p actually uses the low res stuff, since that's < 768pixels vertically.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Online m!m

The new UI system is always active regardless of the resolution,

I'm not sure if you meant that by "high res stuff" but I wanted to clarify that anyway :p

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem.
    • Twitter
The new UI system is always active regardless of the resolution,

I'm not sure if you meant that by "high res stuff" but I wanted to clarify that anyway :p
That includes 1024x768 resolution...

What of librocket mainhall support?

Campaigns:

Ships:

Offline Nightmare

The idea behind this was AFAIK to make the interface as modifyable as the mainhall.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
If it is active regardless of resolution then shouldn't it work with all supported retail resolutions?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Online m!m

On 800x600 resolutions and lower, the fonts and UI look distorted in the screenshot below.

For completeness sake, I checked  what happens at 800x600 and I can't reproduce your issue so I'm going to assume that this is caused by the same driver bug that makes the standard TTF text disappear.

Offline Bryan See

• Trying to redeem.
    • Twitter
On 800x600 resolutions and lower, the fonts and UI look distorted in the screenshot below.

For completeness sake, I checked  what happens at 800x600 and I can't reproduce your issue so I'm going to assume that this is caused by the same driver bug that makes the standard TTF text disappear.
Try the -res and/or -center_res command lines and specify 800x600 and below.

Campaigns:

Ships:

Online m!m

Thank you, I know how the command line options work and if you actually read my post you would know that I set the resolution and could not reproduce your issue.

Offline Bryan See

• Trying to redeem.
    • Twitter
Thank you, I know how the command line options work and if you actually read my post you would know that I set the resolution and could not reproduce your issue.
May be someone who can reproduce it.

Campaigns:

Ships: