Author Topic: FSPort APNGs  (Read 6290 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Can't remember if I released these or not. Here's all the FSPort CB and Intel anims (except for intel_shivan.. haven't done that one yet!) in glorious APNG. Hopefully the FSPort team can get these into the next FSPort update for everyone.

download
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
And here it finally is.. the last FS1 anim; 2_tech_shivan.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r545988yp73ct85/2_tech_shivan.png/file

EDIT: In the next few days I will upload re-rendered anims with the new Orion.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 11:43:18 am by mjn.mixael »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Super. :yes:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I just gave some of these a try and found that they play really fast, particularly the ones with maps in them.  Not sure if this is a coding problem or a problem with the APGNs themselves.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
How did you play them?  I ran them in IrfanView and they appeared to play at normal speed.

EDIT: Well, most of them.  You're right, the starmap ones seemed to play a bit faster.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I dumped them into the cbanims folder and played them in the mission.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
They should play at 15fps, but it's possible I made a mistake on some. Nice to know no one bothered to download that pack in the last 2 years though.

Edit: which anims in particular do you think are incorrect?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 10:32:10 pm by mjn.mixael »

Offline Solatar

I'll admit I saw these at some point, but when I reinstalled all my FSO stuff last year, I saw the "mjn.mixael hi-res cbanims" link with the FSPort and didn't realize that this pack was higher res and more recent (what I get for doing manual installs I guess). If you want an up-to-date fsport, you kind of have to look around the forums to make sure you have the most recent applicable assets, and I somehow missed that these were newer. :nervous:

I don't know how to check the in-game frame rate, but all the cb_starmap01-15 ones are playing twice as fast as the ones in tango_hi3_fs1.vp (I used a stop watch...). I opened up all the missions in the tech room real quick just to check, and I couldn't find a starmap one that didn't display at what appeared to be double framerate. I didn't notice any of the others displaying this behavior, but I missed these for two years, so I could have missed another bugged one also. Using a recent nightly, for what it's worth.

I truly can't tell if the text in the techanim style ones is moving more quickly than retail or not since I'm looking for it, but it'd be trivial if it were. They look great and the actually ships/weapons don't seem to be doing their thing any more quickly.  :p
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:59:41 pm by Solatar »

They should play at 15fps, but it's possible I made a mistake on some. Nice to know no one bothered to download that pack in the last 2 years though.

2_cb_starmap07 takes about 9 seconds for 185 frames (but that's only an example).

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I will upload a complete corrected APNG pack when I finish the Orion anim re-renders.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....

2.2 GB size might have deterred some, as it just did for me.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Updated pack with updated ships and fixed Starmaps.

download

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Downloaded again.  These will go into the imminent FSPort-MVPs release. :yes:

(The release is indeed imminent - perhaps within a week - in contrast to how it was when the thread was started.)

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Downloaded again.  These will go into the imminent FSPort-MVPs release. :yes:

(The release is indeed imminent - perhaps within a week - in contrast to how it was when the thread was started.)
you most make an update
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
He's waiting on feedback from.... a certain individual. :nervous:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The major work is now finished.  There is one thing which I'd like to finish before release, but I could release without it if I had to.

For the rest of it, I'm holding off until the upcoming regular MediaVP release, which according to MjnMixael should be out in July.  It has the Orion and a few sound entries that the FSPort MVPs need.  Once the main MVPs are out, I'll do a few final tests and hit the Upload button.

Offline AV8R

That's good news! If I may ask, what will be the version number of the new FSPort? 3.6 or 4.0 perhaps? Or are you devising a new versioning scheme like FS2 and the MediaVPs have?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
3.6 probably.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
So I had intended to do a complete playthrough of the Port and ST:R, but I ran into some sort of mission conflict bug that must be due to a problem on my end.  Instead I just created a custom mission with just command briefing stages and tested them out 10 at a time.  The only issue I noticed was that the Prometheus animation lacks the grid background.  As for the animation speed, they all seem normal by my reckoning.

It also occurred to me that someone might want to redo the bonus animations, like the Headz one, or the shivan attacking the Thoth.